Saturday Sewing inspiration

Saturday, February 27, 2010

I love Craftster, I especially love the reconstructed clothes section of their community. I love second hand or thrifted clothes, and especially seeing people take oversize or old items and make something absolutely glorious out of them! Today I thought I'd do a little inspiration post because honestly after checking out a few of the latest projects on there I feel totally inspired to set aside my current working project and switch to one of these fun refashions!

1 - Bikini from mens plaid shirt by Appleshannon. How awesome is this? I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I can totally see myself in this for the upcoming swim season!


2 - Bikini from T-shirt by Appleshannon. Ok it's another bikini but I think I am in the Summer swing, ironic considering we are in the midst of a thunderstorm here right now, I could use a little Sunshine today! What I love about this one is the skull print Tee she used! So AWESOME!


3 -Tnbc, muse & the used t-shirt reconstructions by Maraleopard. What's not to love? I don't think I could pull this off anymore at my age, but I LOVE it so! Not totally 100% about the ruffley ra-ra skirt part but I think it goes with the overall look of the dress. I imagine it paired with a honking huge pair of totally rad boots!


 4 - its kinda too cold for tshirts, yah? by jilltheimpossible. I love tees and hoodies, there I said it! And I love all the hoodies I see on Craftster refashioned from graphic tees and leftover  jersey, or overside hoodies refashioned. Of the recent ones lately I love this...


5 - XL mens shirt to punup halter dress by justaduck. Yep this is from a regular mens button up shirt! I wouldn't really call it a dress at my age, maybe some leggings or just shorten it a little for a cute Summer top. Great idea though right? Also on Craftster the posters sometimes do tutorials for the items they reconstruct and this one has a little tutorial up for it.


Bonus - Skeletal undies by Stellacheri. I was gonna leave this post at 5 but had to include these. OMG I so love these! I'm not sure if its the skeleton graphic I like or the colors? The green would look horrid on me but I don't care :) Great project! I also seem to have shifted from my usual thongs to boy shorts, I blame the sale at Victoria's Secret back in December. I bought about 12 pairs but it never seems to be enough :)



Aside from these I love looking at Craftster to see what people have made from their old tee shirts (a popular project) and also to gain inspiration for other projects. I've said before that I'm not the best at sewing, I try though, but some of the Craftster crowd are sewing these BY HAND people!!!

What fashion sites inspire you? Care to share some of your sewing inspiration? I am looking for projects for Summer including shorts, tops and swimwear :) I'm definitely more of a comfort over fashion kinda gal but I made exceptions for special occasions! I'd also love to make some one of kind sports clothing for my classes! Let's share!

Di

1 comments:

Lyzzydee February 27, 2010 at 1:55 PM  

What a load of inspiration!!! I'm off to check out that site!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com