Weekend Inspiration!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Man I am so inspired lately! Lots going on in my life and so much inspiration from EVERYWHERE and for multiple areas of my life.

First up is Eddie Izzard. I love his comedy (if you haven't seen it go rent a DVD or check him out youtube) but wow - He has run 43 marathons in 51 days!!! All for Sport Relief a UK charity. FORTY THREE marathons! That was pretty much one marathon a day for 6 days with 1 day off, repeated for 7 weeks. UNBELIEVABLE!!! I was running last year and managed to make it up to 6 miles till some knee issues/injury and illness, but imagine running 26.2 miles then getting up and doing it again, and again, and again and again and again then finally getting a rest day. WOW! Totally inspiring...




A lot of the fitness instructors at the gym are runners. Mary ran a marathon last weekend, and Julie is running the Los Angeles marathon today. I was talking to one of my class members yesterday morning, an older gentleman who said he's done two marathon. Here I am not done one. I have always wanted to do one, maybe I'll start training again for distance and see how I go?



Next how about making your own yoga pants? I love these things, so comfy for everyday wear, but also great for classes especially yoga/pilates (though for tough workouts I prefer shorts). As you can imagine I get through a few pairs of workout shorts/pants and have a pile that I need to alter, but this is an awesome idea to use existing clothes that fit as a pattern for making new items of clothing!




I have one pair of Champion Sprint pants that I LOVE which bit the dust back in January but I placed them in my 'scrap/sew' pile to use as a future dog bed filler and now I can use them as a pattern too!

Wow so much I want to do this weekend! Where to start first?

Di

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com