Round Up July - and Oh Yeah I am ALIVE!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Well I didn't mean to take an extended break! Guess life happened eh? Got busy with fitness job and life and all that stuff, including new running training plan. But I am back baby, and with a July Round up:

What books and/or magazines did I read this month? 
Mostly fitness related stuff. I read a couple of running books (can't remember titles) but mostly fitness magazine, fitness RX, Self and AFAA mag.

Fitness Rx For Women

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
We don't watch a heck of a lot of TV but True Blood is back on TV which makes me very happy! I LOVE the Charlaine Harris books and the HBO adaptation is pretty good. 




True Blood: The Complete First Season (HBO Series)   Lie to Me: Season One   Profiler - Season 2



Also started watching "Lie to me" series 1, which I am loving! I like psychology so this is right up my street! One of my favorite series from the past was "profiler" anyone remember that?

Movie wise, had a run of blah movies none of which springs to mind. We did watch "hot tub time machine" which I recommend purely for the soundtrack! Love the 80's!!! Also watched "the runaways" which reminded me why I hate Kristen Stewart. Seriously girl CANNOT act! Also watched "old dogs", no brainer kinda movie, typical hollywood crap these days!








Hot Tub Time Machine   The Runaways   Old Dogs (Single Disc Widescreen)



What special days did I celebrate and how?
Only thing that springs to mind is 4th July. We had a special 4th July Spin class at the gym and I taught the last 30 minutes of the extended class. Super fun!

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Urgh, plantar fasciitis in my left foot. Initially in both feet but now seems to be just the left. I've tried some things to combat it and hopefully these work, you can read more on that on my Health & Fitness blog.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?


Mostly the usual - eating out :) I like eating out and we did plenty in July. New Thai place (details below), souplantation (always a favorite with me), and Indian. I love food :)

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
New to me restaurant was Lotus Vegan which was delicious! It's all vegetarian and their wraps are soooo good! And their fake chicken is AWESOME! Not usually a huge fan of fake meats, but this chicken is really great!

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

Bought some new running shoes due to foot issues described above. The running store did a full analysis of my feet and recommended these, along with three others for my running gait and foot issues, tried these Brooks on and they just felt soooo right! I think you KNOW when you have the right shoes on!

So far so good, they have helped my plantar fasciitis, it hasn't gone completely but I can at least run and walk now!


Full review of these shoes soon on my health & Fitness blog





What were this month’s disappointments?
Can't think of any! :)

What were my accomplishments this month?
I ran a 10k race and didn't die! Whoohoo! Won't go into deep detail but I finished the 10k (6.2 miles) in 54:41 and cane 4th in my age group which isn't too bad considering this is just my 3rd race! I also got a medal to go along with the always too big T-shirt! Full details on my health & fitness blog




Anything else noteworthy to record?       
Registered for my first 1/2 marathon (in October incase anyone is interested). Also signed all my paperwork for Golds Gym to teach classes :) Not got a regular class yet but I am on the list, so a foot in the door I hope!

More soon, including a creative post tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com