World Vegetarian Day

Friday, October 1, 2010

I haven't posted twice in one day for ages, but It's World Vegetarian so I just had to! I've been vegetarian for 18 years and whilst I don't preach vegetarianism to friends/family this is one time of year that I can shout it from the rooftops: Stop Eating Meat - It's World Vegetarian Day!!! 

Why did I personally go vegetarian? Wow lots of reasons, mainly though the reason I went vegetarian is that I love animals. As such I don't want them to die just so I have something to eat, especially as it's not necessary! The way animals are treated in the factory/commercial farming industry is pitiful and I just will not condone the behavior surrounding this industry. There are also the health benefits of being vegetarian too, which also drew me to a vegetarian diet :)

To that end, why not try a meatless diet? Non-vegetarians who pledge to abstain from all meat, fish and fowl will be entered in a random drawing for cash prizes. Why not try it? What do you have to lose?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com