Sunday scribblings - my earliest memory

Saturday, June 3, 2006

The topic of this weeks Sunday Scribblings was posted as "my earliest memory". When I saw it I kinda shuddered! Why? Because I have a terrible memory! Let me share with you this story;

Picture the scene: I've just had a scrapbook page requested by Simple Scrapbooks, I'm giddy with excitement! Part of the submission requests asks random questions that they post with the page. One of the questions was:-

"If you're life were a movie, who would play you?"
I couldn't think of anybody, so off I went to find my DH to ask him his opinion. He thought about it for about 10 seconds and said "Dory!". Yes his answer was Dory from "Finding Nemo"!


For those of you that haven't seen this animated movie, Dory is a fish. A fish with a terrible memory! Thankfully I did see the funny side cos yes I am Dory (I even did an onlie quiz: which finding nemo character are you? and yes I AM Dory!) I do forget, I am terribly ditzy, and have little concentration.
So back to the current Scribblings topic (I also have this tendancy to go off on tangents!)! I don't have an earliest memory. I have these kinda flashbacks to a childhood which I'm not totally sure is mine or if its imagined. Being an only child I was lost in my imagination a lot. I remember our old house growing up, having a "play room" cos the third bedroom was pretty useless with just me and my Mum. I kinda remember the early school years. Learning to read and write. Anything before that is kind of a blur.
I guess thats why I got so involved in scrapbooking! I want to remember things in my life. There is so much I now wished I'd taken photo's of, or written down the story or events. One of the reasons I am passionate about is scrapbooking LIFE. The good, the bad, the ugly... it all what makes us who we are. Memories are great but the scrapbook pages are there to help preserve those memories!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com