Is it really Tuesday?

Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Not sure about you but I am TOTALLY out of it! The long weekends screw my routine up and takes me ages to get back to "normal". Anyway I got a couple of projects done over the weekend. 2 I can't share (yet) and 2 I can (1 below and the other needs photographing).

A New Direction
There has been a lot of talk on boards about the value and point of blogs. Mine is just to share my work without having my family and friends bounce all over the internet looking for my galleries :) Plus a general braindump on occassion. But the whole thing kinda got me thinking (always dangerous) and I really DO want to do something with it. Plus I got the opportunity to review some adhesive this month so I figured I'd start a product review for new things, or new to me things. Sounds interesting? Well whatever, its a reason to force myself out the box and try products I wouldn't normally! Plus I really do want to start pushing myself out of just layouts and into articles etc. And I can only do that by actually WRITING and REVIEWING products! So Product reviews coming later in September: UHU adhesive; Dreamstreet papers; 3L; winkflash; plus anything that I buy in the meantime ;)

I will leave you today with a layout done with the Crafty Keepsakes September kit! Loving the Scenic Route papers! I was never a big fan of the SR stuff but recently have begun to change my mind! Love the fall colors and the flowers! One thing that is bothering me right now about chipboard alphabets though - stop making them self-adhesive! The adhesive always dries out and I have to use glue dots anyway! I always thought it was just the Heidi Swapp ones but its not. The pressed petals (shown on this layout) were the same. Maybe it just been the heat here in So Cal? I'm guessing 100+ degree temperatures can't be good for adhesive! Anyway enough rambling here's yesterdays layout

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com