Sunday Scribblings #39 - change

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Change. I love it. It promotes growth, whether the change is good or bad we struggle through it and learn, and hopefully in the end we come out of it a better person. 2006 has been a year of change for me. Not just creatively but personally, emotionally and physically. I remember sitting down at the end of 2005 and writing down my goals for the upcoming year. What did I want to change? How was that going to happen? What steps could *I* take to help that? The biggest goals I had for this year were to get published again, get on a design team (or at least a guest spot) and ultimately get published in Simple Scrapbooks. I set small goals to help me along the way. Such as challenging myself creatively, take more photo's, and creating more.
I acheived ALL my goals by May 2006. I think this was a combination of my small steps and a quote by Ghandi:
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
I wanted things to change so I made them happen by changing my attitude. I set the bar and did everything *I* could to get me there. I have been very blessed in 2006 with publications, design teams and crafting in general but there are still lots of things I want to do. Lots of things I want to try. Everything I set out to do for 2006 left me with more things, more options, more directions to go. I'm still working out what I want for 2007... this year has been so great that if 2007 is half as good I'll be happy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com