My Digital Muse - review

Monday, January 22, 2007

This month at Treasures to Scrap we got spoiled by having TWO digital sponsors! Rina Kroes who I reviewed earlier this month and My Digital Muse. The sponsor was Holly McCaig of My Digital Muse and she sent us this kit "Junk Trunk" which is a team collaboration from all the designers at My Digital Muse! Designers featured in this kit include: Holly McCaig, Kimberly Geswein, KristyAnn Designs, Nancy Comelab, Shannon Lee Designs, and Toni Berman. Let me tell you these gals did a GREAT job! I totally loved this kit. Usually when we don't get to choose our kits I struggle a lot as the kit may not be to my tastes or designs but this kit ROCKS! It has kraft colored papers and browns which are a staple in any scrapbookers arsenal whether digital or paper! The great thing about this kit I loved was the office supplies! The tape, library cards, journalling cards and a message board. Heck they even included a font!

One of my goals for 2007 is to take more photo's. I kicked this off with a photo-a-day challenge and hope to continue this the whole year. I LOVED this kit for documenting those photo's! The everyday photo's! Lets face it what photo isn't going to mesh with these colors? You can never go wrong with Kraft color cardstock! I loved the date 'stamps' and the "from the desk of" stamp! The messy paint effect splotches were the great touch for adding the year, just to make it POP! Of course I had to use the journalling cards! Oh my how I loved these! I've got the autumn leaves journalling stamps and these digital cards just remind me of those, but more edgy.

For my second layout I went with a photo of Bob on his bike. I love the photo (I took it so slightly bias!) and thought it went well with the kit. Makes the green pop! Again not much journalling is needed on this, I'm documenting the photo, date, and location. All I added was the stencil font everything else is in the kit!
I have to say that hands down this kit is one I am going to use LOTS! The journalling cards and kraft papers alone are going to get LOTS of use! Thanks Holly McCaig and all at My Digital Muse! Great kit!

1 comments:

Nancywithajones January 22, 2007 at 4:51 PM  

THESE PAGES ROCK SISTA!!!! CANt wait for you to go to cha Im so excited for you and livin vicariously through you with my sick self!! whehew take photos take photos take photos!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com