Review: Cosmo Cricket

Sunday, January 14, 2007

This months paper sponsor at Treasures to Scrap is Cosmo Cricket! I'd been eyeing up their papers for a while and when I heard they were Januarys sponsor I was over the moon! I just love the papers! Initially I will admit to being a little overwhelmed by the distressed look but once you get over the shock of being out your 'box' its quite inspiring! We received the whole Wonderland collection to work with this month! Which includes the double sided cardstock papers, tags, rub-ons and a little mini album (more of that later!). Cosmo Cricket were VERY generous sponsors!
As I don't have that many christmas photo's I was a little intimidated by the theme but I went with it, dove into my photo stash and found some pics that would work. The first layout I did was "jolly", with a photo of me as a child. I worked with it, but I am just not a shabby scrapbooker so the distressed papers threw me out my usual style and I struggled a little. Until I found I found my groove!
This second layout is one I love! I am totally drawn to stripes and spots, more geometric patterns and the simple/clean layouts. I cut apart the paper (something I am doing a lot lately!) and used it as an accent. I think it shows how these papers can work for ALL styles not just the shabby style.
As I said part of the pack included a little 'bitty album' which is totally adorable! It comes flat on a 12x12 sheet and 'pops' out. The sheet also includes some tabs and accent peices. At first I was dumbstruck, what the heck could I use this for? Then I thought about something Bob had said about us maybe going on a little skiing trip sometime soon and I thought hey why not do a mini journal? Sounds good? I left some spaces for journalling or photo's and I totally LOVE IT! We have no firm plans for skiing... yet! But I am ready!
Over the holidays I was in a total altering phase, and this next project came from that phase! Its an altered Pringles tube! Now this could have MANY uses, a gift box, a box to store christmas momento's but it could also be a cool way to store decorations! Think tree baubles! What a great storage idea? I thought so anyway!
Ok and what review wouldn't be complete without cards! I love the vintage feel to these cards, definately this line makes beautiful cards! The first card was featured in the pagemaps November Newsletter as its based on a sketch by Becky Fleck. Love the rich colors in these papers! They really make projects POP!



(The above cards are based on sketches by Linne Faulk Sketches.)

I loved working with Cosmo Cricket products this month for Treasures to Scrap! Definately got me thinking out of my box, and got me scrapping photo's I was putting off and putting off! I have to say my favorite thing was the little album! Its just so cute! Once I got over my fear of "uh oh its all distressed and shabby I can't scrap like that!" I loved the product! It made me realise that just because a paper line is distressed doesn't mean you can't use it on simple and clean projects! Its just a matter of finding the right way to use those papers for you!

Thanks Cosmo Cricket for being such a great sponsor!!! For more projects and ideas see our Cosmo Cricket sponsor gallery at Treasures to Scrap!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com