Digital ATCs

Thursday, March 8, 2007

So I've made paper ATCs before (artist trading cards for those not with the lingo) but recently I got involved in a digital ATC swap. The theme was self portrait, basically it had to have a photo of you on it somewhere. I have no idea why I left it so long to try this cos now I am hooked! I plan on doing a whole series of self portrait ATC's. And probably lots of other themes. I like these digi cos well I always seem to make very lumpy paper ATC's. Plus digi ones are much easier to swap! So here is my ATC for the swap. Gotta say I love it! I love it so much I put it on the sidebar to the left as my pic.
Supplies: wordart - heather ann designs;
stamp - Katie Pertiet;
Flourish - Rhonna Farrer

As part of the feedback I received recently Tammy suggested doing sketches/templates for ATCs and its something I definately have on my to-do list! In fact I started working with her today on that very thing. I also am working on an article about ATC's so should be sharing that soon too!

So what is everyone up to today? I'm busy making cards and working on DT stuff. Lots of birthdays in March so lots of mail to go out too. Have a great Wednesday! Soon be the weekend!

4 comments:

grambie March 9, 2007 at 11:15 AM  

Di, thanks for fully explaning what ATCs are. I had figured they were some kind of trading cards because my son was previously in the sci-fi convention thing. I just couldn't figure out how it related to digital scrapping. So your newsletter is very informative. Now I feel much better. Lovely newsletter.

Anonymous,  March 9, 2007 at 3:54 PM  

What's digital scrapping all about?

I'm curious :)

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com