Review: Heather Ann Designs

Friday, March 23, 2007

The March Digital sponsor at Treasures to Scrap is Heather Ann Designs. She was extremely generous and we got to pick our own products. Now I always struggle with this because usually I end up wanting the kits I didn't pick (especially once I see what the rest of the design team did with them!) and end up buying more kits anyway! This time though I can honestly say I am completely 100% happy with the products I chose. And that is probably a first! Heather Ann has lots of beautiful products to choose from and I was spoilt for choice but I made a decision and got stuck into designing with them. It was so easy! The kits make the layouts themselves! And the templates ROCK! Loved the template I chose! You only have to go to her website to see the beautifully designed site to get completely inspired!

The first kit I chose was the Summer Fun kit. Totally fun colors and I knew I had PERFECT photo's to go with this kit, so I had to have this one! The embellishments in this kit were so cute! Loved the flowers and chipboard squares but my favorite were the popsicle sticks! The alpha is an outline alpha which is just so cool and some fun doodles too! I've already shared some layouts and cards this month using this kit but here are a few more....



Supplies: Summer Fun kit Heather Ann Designs; Font SP wonderful wendy

Supplies: Summer Fun kit Heather Ann Designs; Font SP wonderful wendy



The second kit I chose was Spring Sweets kit. I decided on this kit because it was full of colors I loved. The reds, the flowers, and the doodle words just called to me! The only thing I didn't like much out of this kit was the alpha. I'm just not a circle alphabet scrapper, more of a chipboard or font fan. I did use it though (see calendar page further down) so maybe I just need to broaden my horizons a little and get out of the font and chipboard phase? lol! Again I've shared cards with this kit already this month (see the sketches this month) so here are a few layouts featuring this kit...




Supplies: Spring Sweets kit Heather Ann Designs; Font cafe rojo
Template: misty cato

Supplies: Spring Sweets kit Heather Ann Designs;


Heather Ann also has templates in the store. I really like how she sells them in bundles as well as singles. She also has card templates too! I really fell in love with template #29 though. What a great layout for recapping the year! I still think its a versatile template though because you could easily make it for a specific month rather than using one photo per month.

Supplies: Heather Ann Designs template + spring sweets pp


When I saw CD calendar kits in the store I knew I had to try one! The one I picked is the modern edition but they come in different styles. I figured they would be perfect for a gift, and they were fun to make! I haven't done it yet but I think the calendar part would be great on a scrapbook page too! The pages should be printed and put in a flipped open CD case. Definately doing this as gifts for next year!




Supplies: Heather Ann Designs Calendar kit; spring sweets kit; Lucky kit

Supplies: Heather Ann Designs calendar kit; summer fun kit;
ribbon - nitwit collections (recolored)


The final kit I got was a small kit called too cute clipboard kit. I was drawn to this because it was different from other things I'd used before, and I liked the papers in the kit. I used the papers on some cards and little peices on layouts. I shared a layout I did with the clipboard on Monday but I'll reload it here also.






Supplies: Heather Ann Designs clipboard; everything else Holly McCraig



Heather Ann's digital products are awesome! Thoroughly enjoyed working with them this month (and more to come next week). If you want to sample some of her work she does offer a few freebies, which are great. A nice sample of her designs. Love the halloween stuff.

To see more examples using Heather Anns work you can go to our sponsor gallery and see what the rest of the design team created!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  March 24, 2007 at 7:48 AM  

Well Di where did you get that picture from and how long ago was it 199- what hahaha love them all keep up the good work, nice ones of months

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com