April Round Up!

Friday, May 4, 2007

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Just scrapbooking mags! As usual! I took the books back to the library last month and didn't get anymore out, honestly it was such a busy month in April I knew reading would be the last thing on my mind. I am thinking about going back to the library early next week though.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
tv: usual stuff; house, greys anatomy, medium; movies: charlottes web; walk the line; probably some others I forgot to keep track

What special days did I celebrate and how?
None. We don't celebrate Easter, though I did pick up some good ideas for next year seasonal celebrations

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
We went for our medical appointments for the greencard process. Had a TB test, and bloodwork done. All clear! Other than that just aches and pains from riding!

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
4th dinner out with friends; off-roading - 8th april (toones + kids); off roading - 14th april (toones; meilani & janry; lee); off-roading - 29th by ourselves; On the 29th I did my longest ride ever - 3 hours! Right around the mountain and back. Thoroughly enjoyed it! Went to Gregs, played his new 'family guy' pinball.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
3rd - Been before but tried out Indian Haveli again, much better than I remembered it being; 4th - veg delight - Gautam + Jocelyn; 15th - deli stuff from whole foods - veggie gardien chicken-style salad, curry salad, sesame tofu; I enjoyed the salad stuff Bob preferred the sesame stuff; We tried pizza's from Trader Joes and they were ok; I know we tried some other stuff but I can't remember what, lol.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
bob got new TV 62" HDTV; plus a new dvd player; not much else unusual I don't think

What were this month’s disappointments?
Quite honestly there were none. Good month all round really.

What were my accomplishments this month?
Where to start? I got another assignment from ohom, which was so fun! Nice boxes of goodies to work with from ohom and Boxer. I was guest designer at scrappin' trends. Got some happy emails which I can't discuss yet, future publishing ventures. Awesome month on the blog with the layout sketches. And my big news for April was being selected as a staff member at Scrapstreet Ezine.
Total craft projects completed = 51 projects!
cards 23/layouts 15/digi 10/altered 3 I got TONS done in April, taking part in 3 competitions, PLUS regular design team stuff really boosted my creativity! I made it a goal to make something EVERY DAY! So far I only missed Sunday 29th, and that was cos I was too tired after riding

Anything else noteworthy to record?
On the blog I had weekly layout sketches as well as the card sketches, tons of work and tons of fun! Loved it! I did realise after addressing some mail this month that I need to write more by hand, seriously I am so out of practice its unreal! Bob put some sprinkler things in the back garden so the fruit trees are getting regular watering now.

Incase you haven't heard of the monthly round-up, here is Katie's blog where she does the round-up and where I first learnt of this awesome blogging challenge! Its a great way to round up the activities of the month, cos if you're like me you can't remember what you had for dinner 2 days ago!

2 comments:

Bex May 5, 2007 at 4:19 AM  

Huge congrats on the ScrapStreet Staff Selection!
I loved watching the contest - such a huge amount of talent.

Love Bex

Rachel May 5, 2007 at 6:17 AM  

What a great entry Di.... I am going to remember this for next month!!!

Rach

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com