Card Sketch May #2

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Apologies for the lateness of todays upload! Been out all morning, got back to a million emails and just getting settled for the afternoon. I have a TON of stuff to do today including finishing off projects for christmas submissions, and mailing out card acceptance emails for Scrapstreet June issue! This weeks sketch is one I love to use when I have scraps left over from working on projects. Great for using up all those patterned paper strips that you'd otherwise toss. The digital template can be DOWNLOADED HERE and the newsletter will be sent out later today once I put the finishing touches to it.


For these cards I had a few to make and I was recently sent some of the ice-cream papers from one heart one mind and they matched the DCWV rub-ons perfectly, and thus I mass produced a few cards I needed for RAK recipients.Think outside the box, instead of strips of paper I used the square stickers included in the pack for these, worked great! Plus being from the same manufacturer they color co-ordinate perfectly! I'm loving the bright colors lately! using lots of orange, pink and turquoise!

Supplies: rub-ons, DCVW; all other products one heart... one mind


Doris Castle is the digital sponsor this month at Treasures to Scrap and I cannot stop using these kits! I swear this one especially just speaks to me with the muted colors and DOTS! Been using lots of dots lately (see cards above!).

Supplies: "You complete me" kit by Doris Castle (www.studiographics.com)



Card by Renee' Morris-Dezember
supply lists: Deja Views (CS, PP, Letter Stickers, Mini Paperclip), Sweetwater (rub-ons), Around the Block (Tape Writer Strips), Other: Ribbon



Card by Wendy McGlinchey
Supplies:- Pink Blue and White card stock, Stampin up swirls stamp, white embossing powder, Gems, Flowers, stalks and greeting cut by Cricut, Cuttlebug embossed flowers strip, Patterned Paper from Die Cuts With A View.



Card by Pearl Liu
Supplies: Brenda Pinnick Designs pp , Q&Co Big Bold round brad , Scenic Route Laurel Monogram sticker , 7 gypsies sticker, Flower cutout using QK Silhouette Digital Cutter


Card by Linda Flinders







Above 3 Cards by Kelly Nelson
Stamps used: hero (flowers), kaiser; PP basic grey, SEI, other; Ribbon unknown; Flowers Prima; Brads American Craft; Kindiglitz & Mod podge



Card by Melissa Norris
Supplies: Cardstock: Stampin' Up, Ribbon: American Crafts Elements, Prima Flowers, Sentiment stamp by A Muse



Card by Linda Flinders



As always if you use the sketch let me know by emailing me or just hook me up with a link in the comments! I love to check out the projects everyone is making!

12 comments:

Gail May 9, 2007 at 9:18 PM  

The layouts are fabulous - thank you for the great template!

Anonymous,  May 10, 2007 at 6:41 AM  

Good work girls, lots of ideas to choose from thanks to Di for the templates ;-)

Dawn♥ May 10, 2007 at 7:12 AM  

Yummy bunch of cards using that yummy sketch! I'll have a go at this one today!!

grambie May 10, 2007 at 8:34 AM  

Received my newsletter along with the lovely template with the paper strips. Wonderful collage showcasing all the wonderful techniques that each person used with your template. Some completely digital, others not. So thanks for this wonderful card template that is so versatile & cute in its design. Leavin A Little LUV!! XOXOXOXO

michelle sturgeon May 10, 2007 at 8:48 AM  

Love the sketch! Check out my interpretation:
http://comestampwithme.blogspot.com/2007/05/di-hickman-sketch.html

Diginan,Liz May 10, 2007 at 12:40 PM  

Thank you for sharing you wonderful templates.

Anonymous,  May 10, 2007 at 1:04 PM  

Lovely template-one I'll certainly use again!
Just put my first attempt on my blog

Pat May 11, 2007 at 6:45 AM  

Had a lot of fun with this. I was sure I was going to use ribbons but alas, the scrapworks florabella paper won out. Thanks for the challenge
http://patspapercreations.blogspot.com/

Dawn♥ May 11, 2007 at 7:56 AM  

OK I've posted my super cute card using this sketch over at my BLOG
http://dailyscrappinspiration.blogspot.com/
Thanks for looking!

*Beatriz Jennings* May 11, 2007 at 10:05 AM  

Hi!!! You can see my card using the sketch here:

http://iralamija.blogspot.com/2007/05/di-hickman-card-sketch-may-2-always.html

Have a nice day!!

Bety :)

artfulstampin May 11, 2007 at 1:15 PM  

Lovely cards everyone, thanks for the inspiration Di, mines on my blog...

Maura Miller May 13, 2007 at 1:38 AM  

Thank you for the lovely sketch, you can see my card at my blog.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com