Got tagged!

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I never get tagged, then I get 2 in as many month! Nancy tagged me! I have to tell you all 5- 10 ways I come up with things to put on my blog.

Well I've been doing a series or articles on blogging and this is one topic which I touch on, so I'm not going to give too much away, but here are 5 ways I come up with things to do on my blog:

Sharing my creations: whether its cards, layouts, digital or altered you'll find it on here... eventually. I might not be able to share as much as I have previously but you do see it eventually! I created this blog specifically for my creative work, we have a family blog but I wanted somewhere that was just mine. And thus spot-on creations was born. I've since changed the name, and started using my own name for the blog and everything I do, but the concept remains that it's somewhere for me to share.

Sketchin': I started creating sketches last year. Initially doing card sketches as part on my design team requirement at crafty keepsakes. Then I thought to myself "hey I should share these on the blog!". I got an email from a digi scrapper (can't remember the name sorry) who asked where to download it? And I thought "hey I should do these as digi templates" and well the rest is history! I do the card sketches on Wednesdays cos thats the day I did them on the design team. No other reason really, lol!

Sharing the creative journey: Without sounding all mushy this is more than just a hobby for me. I would LOVE to make a living in this industry, I'm not quite sure what direction that will take me in yet but its definately something I can start thinking about. When we moved to America in 2001 we walked into a Joanns (or Michaels I forget which) saw the scrapbooking stuff and I said to Bob "oh I could NEVER get into all THAT!". Um, yeah! HELLO! Never say never! I like to share when/where I'm being published, and my design team stuff. I started the reviews, then the how-to/tuturial things and well if I have something to share I will! I will also help in any way I can. If you have questions on this whole publishing thing, scrapbooking/cards etc in general just email me :)

Personal stuff: You won't find a lot of personal stuff on my blog, I tend not to share EVERYTHING that I do. I'm not sure if that stems from being an only child? Anyway I know my family and friends check in on this blog so I have to do 'some' personal stuff, but mostly this is my creative dumping ground. When I started this blog I had no design teams, one publication and it was somewhere to grow. Like I said we have a family blog but this one needs personal stuff sometimes, so you guys can see I do more than just scrapbook!

Photography: the reason I got into scrapbooking in the first place. Oddly enough since I started scrapbooking I take less photo's! I go through phases of taking tons of photo's then not taking any for weeks. One of the reasons I like doing the photo a day thing. I used to go out on regular weekly/monthly excursions around the city but once you stop for a while its hard to get going again.

So there you have it. My 5 ways I come up with ideas to blog. As always I welcome comments and suggestions for the blog! Is there something you want to see? More sketches? More digi? More tutorials or reviews? just email me! (link to the left) I'd love to hear your suggestions!

Who shall I tag? Julie Ann; Sass; Pearl; Lucy; and La Tonya



Oh and by the way hopefully the card sketch and newsletter will be late tomorrow? "Hopefully?" I hear you say! Yes Hopefully, because all being well we should be riding tomorrow morning! Got me some new bike pants to try out! And some moose handguards. Did I mention I love going riding on my motorbike? Ok I need to sort through scrapstreet submissions, write two articles and finish of my Christmas submissions (don't ask!).
Catch you all tomorrow!

4 comments:

Pearl May 8, 2007 at 6:10 PM  

WAHOO ! i got tagged ! lol

I thought of sharing similar thoughts as what you've prompted here - so what better way to do it then via gettin' tagged ! silly ole me ! I'll work on it !


still having fun ! lol

smiles , Pearl

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design May 8, 2007 at 6:49 PM  

I will do this maybe tomorrow. I am not going to get around to the card sketch - sorry.

lee May 8, 2007 at 9:43 PM  

Love your blog and your tips, I find it very interesting. I have a blog (who doesnt) and sometimes I just have nothing to say (or think nobody wants to hear about it. Mainly I created my blog as a way to show my art without having to show it personally.

Paula J Atkinson May 9, 2007 at 9:35 AM  

Well I for one am glad you enjoy to share your crafts.
I have got your first May sketch completed. It was one of those cards I could see in my mind before I even got the papers out the drawer!!!
Thanks for such fab sketches.
http://minibookpixie.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com