Review: Kim Johnson

Saturday, June 9, 2007

This month digital sponsor at Treasures to Scrap is Kim Johnson. We got to pick out our own kits which is always good, and I have to say I had a blast with her products! Her store is full of great kits, element packs and templates. Each with its own unique texture. I do think that her textures are unbelievable! Love the detail on each paper!

My first kit was the Valentine kit. Now I chose this purely because I loved the dotted paper (I think I mentioned my dotted paper obsession in another post recently). I also loved the wordart and bread tag embellishments. Just some fun accents in this kit.


The layout I did with the valentine kit took me out my box. I really am feeling a change regarding layouts lately. Anyway I just LOVED that brad heart and had to make a feature of it! Used Kim's papers for the merged overlay and her embellishments. Same thing with the LOVE wordart. I thought this pic was perfect for the quote too!
Kim Johnson Valentine Kit; Love wordart: Shabby Princess; Font: SP Wonderful Wendy; Frame: digital scrapbook place; Overlay & stitching: my own;

This layout is a little tongue in cheek. I don't really have many valentine/love type photo's but I just loved the colors in the kit and couldn't resist it! I am loving notebook paper just lately! Shelle Pukas has some in her kits and I cannot stop using that one either! Made the scallop paper myself using a template I made, fun!
Credits: Kim Johnson Valentine kit; Alpha: Kim Hill - CG Essentials; Font: Wonderful Wendy

My second kit was the Friends kit. Fell in love with the colors in this, and knew it would be perfect for a layout of me, Nancy and Robin. I used this kit for the layout I did on June 1st with my template freebie.

I just had to get these pics from Robin. She'd done a layout recently of us three, and I knew this friends kit would be perfect for it! The soft colors paired with the pop of brown really suits black and white or sepia photo's.
Kim Johnson - Friends kit; Font: Century Gothic

The papers in the friends kit proved quite versatile though! I loved the blues and the dotted paper in this kit! I thought the colors were perfect for pics of me and my bike! The vellum quote box was just the perfect touch for adding journaling without taking away from the flow of the layout. Simple yet effective!
Credits: Papers/stitching - Kim Johnson Friends kit; Button - Kim Johnson Valentine kit; Vellum - Kim Johnson Crinkled vellum pack; Alpha: Kim Hill (CG essentials); Font: Centry gothic;

Kim Johnson is having a contest this month to celebrate her 2 year digital designing anniversary, and she's giving away this free mini kit! I blogged about it Tuesday. Such a fun kit!

Had to take part in her challenge and create a layout using it! Loved the fun colors! I think I'll be using these buttons a lot too! I combined this challenge with a sketch challenge of Lucy's, a two for one challenge layout!
Kim Johnson Party Kit; Font: LD Jilly Nilly, Ruach; Stitching: Shelle Pukas; Sketch: Lucy Chesna

I really want to use the kits some more, especially the awesome torn cardboard pack and Christmas kit but I also wanted to let everyone know that her store has 40% off right now! Not sure how long that offer lasts so make the most of it!

3 comments:

grambie June 9, 2007 at 5:05 PM  

What a wonderful collage of fabulous designs to share with us. Love the Valentine beautiful colors in your layout because you have added detail & simplicity in each of your designs. All the wonderful photos just make you smile out loud. SO glad your creative juices are on a high. I knew that things would even out for you in the best way possible.

Thanks for your newsletter that showcases your fabulous designs & fellow designers. HUGS! XOXOXOXO

michelle sturgeon June 10, 2007 at 11:14 AM  

I love both these kits, but the second one is very ME! Love the colours, patterns, everything!

Unknown June 11, 2007 at 7:29 AM  

Wonderful LOs! I sure wish I new how to Digi scrap! These kits look like tons of fun.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com