Sharing projects from...

Monday, June 18, 2007

ScrapStreets May issue! My first month as a staff member! Wow! Time flies! So much has happened since I got offered a position on the ezine team! Well in case you missed my FIRST ScrapStreet Article I'll link it again: Goin' Bloggin' all about getting started with blogging, info to know and how to make your first post! So all you out there wanting to jump on the blogwagon go check it out! I love blogging! But I guess you all knew that huh? Maybe I'll add it on a blogpost too later, depending on how much time I have today.


Besides my article on blogging I had a digital layout in the ezine using the monthly free kit. I love this one! Initially I opened the kit and thought "what the heck am I gonna do with this" but the whole thing just fell together. Strange how that happens, yet kits you LOVE immediately sometimes you struggle to actually USE them! Murphy's law I guess!

The background was created by opening the daisy stripe paper and the solid yellow paper. I cut out the 2 stripes from the paper and merged it with the solid yellow paper, this creates an asymmetrical patterned paper. I used the cookie cutter tool to cut a rounded rectangle out of the blue daisy paper. Added drop shadows where appropriate.

Supplies: Kit: Touch of Tile by Dora Phillips for ScrapStreet.com, Font - Century Gothic (journaling); Academy Engraved (initial).

You can download the Scrapstreet Kit "touch of tile" at the ScrapStreet store! Lots of freebies to be found there, and some great digital kits at very reasonable prices!

If you're challenge crazy (like me) then come along and sign up for the new ScrapStreet Dream Team challenge kicks off on Tuesday, June 26 at high noon and ends on Saturday, July 14 at 6pm with winners announced Sunday, July 15th at 6pm. It's a partner challenge so grab a buddy or just post that you need one and someone will pop on and snag ya. The prizes are valued at $50 each! As usual Dora with throw her own flavor into the mix and the whole thing will be a ton of fun! Unfortunately I'm already taken! Me and my partner Robin are ready to ROCK!

Oh yeah and don't forget the August issue calls! Deadline July 1st! Get submitting everyone! (especially for card corner! *wink*)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com