Review: ATB Paper Tagger

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Ok if you're like me you see new tools, and wonder whether you NEED them. I mean I WANT plenty of things but alas the budget only stretches so far. Anyway I first saw this tool a few weeks ago and was desperately trying to decide whether or not I needed it. My friend Nancy told me it was good, and well she tipped the scales and I weakened and bought one.

Now I'm not really a gadget person and my friend Robin did comment on the fact that letting me near anything with a sharp point was surely not a good idea! However I have yet to injure myself with it, I guess there is time yet though... Anyway on with the review...



The paper tagger is from Around the Block (if you haven't seen their stuff well you'll be some later this week). I have to say I own almost ALL their dog line, so I'm no stranger to their products. The tagger comes as a set, which is the tool, some "tails" and a few accents, and costs $20. The tails are basically those annoying little plastic things that hold tags on clothing. You know the ones right? Where you cut off the top tail then jiggle the clothing about to get the other half to fall out. Well some genius decided these would make good scrapbooking attachment tools, and I have to say I agree!
There are also 'tail packs' costing around $5 each, with an assortment of colors and llengths, so you can co-ordinate them to your layout, and have things dangling from the page or flush to the page.

I used the tagger for attaching a tag to yesterdays card, but my real test was the layout below. I figured a GREAT way to test it was to use it to attach ghost letters to a page. I'm always looking for new ways to attach those things to layouts.

supplies: patterned paper,brad and photocorner: one heart... one mind (formality collection); digital frame by scrapkit.nl; ghost alpha and flower by Heidi Swapp; tagger tool by around the block;

I have to say the tagger isn't the easiest tool to use, but once you get the hang of it, then it's GREAT! I snapped a few tails, some didn't make it through the paper and well like most things - user error, lol. There does seem to be a sweet spot to getting the tagger just right so it goes through to the other side and releases from the needle.

I have to say I thoroughly enjoy playing with mine, definitely worth the investment in my opinion, if you give yourself time to use it and don't rush it! Sometimes easier said than done I know! For me the idea of adding accents to my cards without adding a lot of bulk is well worth it. As sometimes that extra postage for lumpy cards adds up. Especially around the Holidays!

So there you have it, I love it! I know everyone is still waiting for the time when I come online saying I impaled myself on the needle (and for that reason I wouldn't recommend it for kids!) but it does have a nifty needle cover attached to it.

I hope this helps, cos I know some of you commented on it earlier this month when I said I'd got one and well, yep I love it. I got an extra pack of tails too. Nancy is now busy enabling me with some other tools she's seen, but I'm too busy enjoying this one for now!


Also I got my tagger kit from Treasures to Scrap they also have some of the tail packs too (which I also got). And just to give them a little plug the DT hijacked the store this week whilst the owner is away and we are giving everyone 10% off! Just use the code: catsaway10 Ends July 16th. There are ways to get more of a discount in the store here

4 comments:

Robin July 12, 2007 at 1:03 PM  

Great Review Gal...gee...maybe I should get mine out and actually use it now! ROFL. I was a victim of Nancy's sales pitch too! LOL

I must admit tho...I am AMAZED you haven't severed an artery with it yet! LOL

Lucy Chesna July 12, 2007 at 1:08 PM  

love the review and you did not need stitches...thats good

Rachel July 14, 2007 at 6:13 AM  

Awesome review Di... I haven't even heard of this tool... sounds like it's pretty cool!!!

Rach

Sandie July 15, 2007 at 4:11 PM  

This reminds me of the trigger gun that I use at our local op-shop - you get to tag the clothes before your price them.........I luv it!!!!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com