Scrapstreet June issue

Friday, July 6, 2007

Ok as I can't get to anything on my PC still I thought I'd share projects from Junes Scrapstreet Ezine. I had a few projects in this one, some I submitted, some requested, some I was approached for, and one I wrote the article for.


This first layout was a cover finalist, didn't make the cover but I'm happy with it! And as it was a wedding issue I submitted a digital layout too, using some of the same pics.

Paper: Imagination Project, Chloes Closet, Cardstock: Bazzill, Alphabet: (bride) Making Memories velvet, Stamp: Autumn Leaves, Journaling stamps: Pen: Zig Millennium, Other: stitching.

Digital Kit: beautiful you papers and embellishment pack, sketch #11 Shelle Pukas designs (www.shellepukasdesigns.com), Alpha: shabby princess alpha (www.shabbyprincess.com).

I joined in the Weekend Crop fun in May and made a card from the Saturday night sketch. Used some old supplies which is always good. Anyway some of the crop weekend challenges you can submit (the lift challenge and sketch challenges for example) and I figured what the heck, and YAY it got picked up! You can see the sketch HERE

Paper: Christina Cole(Provocraft), Embellishement: Christina Cole(Provocraft), Ribbon Tape: Heidi Swapp, Rub-on: Die cuts with a View.

May brought some changes at Scrapstreet, with the new team members on their second month one of the existing team left and I offered to do her column, the card corner. Regular blog readers will know I LOVE cards! So I was delighted to fill in short notice! The theme was wedding and all things related to it. Loved the submissions, so hard to pick sometimes! Anyway I made this invite for the article, which you can find HERE.

Invites: one heart... one mind, Rub-ons: one heart... one mind, Ink: Around the Block.

The June issue saw the start of Pet Park, the new pet column by Spink. When she got the go ahead for the column she emailed me immediately requesting this layout. She'd seen it in the gallery, as I did it for the Scrapstreet Star contest and she loved it! Love it when that happens!

Supplies: Patterned paper: Crate, Cardstock: Die Cuts with a View, Chipboard alphabet: Heidi Swapp, Stamp: Boxer Scrapbooks.

June was the start of my Sponsor projects for Scrapstreet, and the sponsor was Imagination Project! Anyone that knows me knows I LOVE IP! Well I got to play with Circus Rose.

Supplies: Papers/Stickers: Imagination Project.

I have to say that initially this paper was difficult for me, wasn't sure what to do with it. I LOVED the paper but asymmetrical stuff just isn't my style, but after playing with it, I LOVE the layout!

Supplies: Papers/Stickers: Imagination Project, Alphabet: Heidi Swapp, Stamp: Autumn Leaves, Pen: Zig.

June saw the start of my Hybrid Column! I am so excited to be doing my own column! Anyway Junes column is all about computer journaling, such an easy way to add computer techniques to a paper layout. Looking forward to sharing LOTS more information in the future!

Supplies: Paper: Basic Grey, Cardstock: Bazzill, Rub-ons: SEI, Making Memories, alphabet stickers: American Crafts, Font: Arial.

As always we had a free digital kit and this issue was White Wedding by Dora and Spink. Fun kit, with little color, and lots of room for you to add your own flair! Loved all the swirls in this one!


Our assignment naturally was a Wedding layout! I have to say I loved the papers and elements in the kit, but the alpha really was divine! My layout was simple looking but involved lots of digital techniques

Supplies: Digital Kit: White Wedding by Dora Phillips and Michelle "Spink" Boeckermann for ScrapStreet.com, Pink paper: Shelle Pukas Beautiful You kit, Font: SP Wonderful Wendy, Calligraph 421 BT; stitching my own design.

And so we begin again with the July issue! Another bumper issue! I have my hybrid column up "think before you print!" And the digital section just gets better and better! I also have to shout out to my buddy Lucy Chesna, as the sketches we did back in May, well one of them was featured in the July issue along with some samples! So fun to see them being used!


As always there is a free kit and this month is totally patriotic with Fiesta Fourth! Love those bling circles! Such a fun kit! And FREE! Go snag it!




Finally we have the submissions for September issue! So get those emails in to: Submissions@scrapstreet.com

September Cover Contest: Raw textures in your scrapping--are you using "naked" chipboard, kraft paper, wood, cardboard, notebook paper? If so, you could be our cover winner. The winner receives a prize package and all finalists are published in the article.


Discovery and Digital Discovery: if we have never published your work, send in three samples of work showcasing your unique style and you might be one of our latest Discoveries.


Article Calls:


What I did on Summer Vacation! Yep--the classic back to school assignment. Show and Tell time!


My combo--What colors are just you? The ones you wear as clothes, use on layouts, decorate your home in? What is your go to combo--share your fave layout or two with us.


Shear Madness--We want to see your fancy edges--scallops, waves, pinking shears, scissors are hot again and we want to see what you are doing with them.


Organization and Scrapping Spaces--Go back to school and back to scrapping with new supplies for your own space. Share some of your favorites with us.


Friends--Back to school time means connecting with old friends and making new ones. We would love to see friendship layouts--both yours and your children's.


Favorites!--Have you scrapped that special nook? The place that is home or happiness to you?


Altered Composition books and school supplies--share yours!


Cards--We are looking for happy hello cards this month.


Pet Park--Come get fishy with us!


Deadline is August 1 for all calls.

3 comments:

grambie July 7, 2007 at 3:23 PM  

So wonderful to view all the lovely creations since you are unable to get to your computer. I am doing email so couldn't miss your newsletter with all the above designs. Beautiful wedding photos to showcase with the White Wedding Kit from last month newsletter. Love the flourishes along with your combination use to form the top & lower border. All the pages are just fantastic. You are indeed a natural to have designed so much for so many various projects. I just want to say thanks again for all the lovely templates, newsletters, & goodies that has become a part of your agenda. Thanks for the monthly template in both square and letter sizes. Love the three photo placement along with the curving arrow. I plan to scrap my great-grandson with his fracture & cast. Leavin LUV! XOXOXO

Inma July 7, 2007 at 4:32 PM  

Hi there,

I usually read your blog on a weekly basis, as I already have to many blogs to read on a daily ones I've started to make arrangements on that issue :(, and I always find your blog full of inspiration for scrapbooking projects. :) Your templates and projects are very helpful and the link to the magazine is really good reading. :)

I love the layouts with your dogs, and the last one with Sky is gorgeous. It's a dog with buckets of personality LOL

Thanks a million for the card template, sorry about your computer troubles, and best wishes. :O)

Paula J Atkinson July 8, 2007 at 9:46 PM  

Such fabulous stuff to share with us.
I have been a hybrid scrapper for the past 6 months & didn't even know it!!
I regularly use frames directly onto pics or as transparencies to ad another dimension.
Those wedding ones are amazing & really stand out well.
My cardmaking mojo has gone AWOL but am saving your sketches up for its return. Busy with a CJ & team layouts at the minute.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com