Review: Karen Foster

Saturday, August 18, 2007

This month at Treasures to Scrap our sponsor is Karen Foster. Now I've played with Karen Foster product before so I know that the product is 'themey' which is ok, sometimes I like themey. However for me it's kind of difficult with some themes. Tracy told us to list our top 3 choices of themes from a list and well mine were garden, garden and garden. Not having kids can sometimes be tricky with themed products.

First up in my 'garden' pack was the bug stuff and I have to say I was a little puzzled as to what to do with it, but once I started thnking remembered some bug photo's I took over the years, sorted out a couple and made a layout. Not entirely happy with it. But it got me out of the creative block with the papers, sometimes you just have to work through them.

Patterned paper & stickers: Karen Foster; cardstock: DCWV; chipboard alpha: Imagination Project; brads: doodlebug

My favorite Thing to do lately is hybrid. So here are a couple of hybrid cards. First one has a printed greeting inside. I thought the papers would be great get well cards! Caught a bug? that kind of thing. So I made some of those themed cards.

Patterned paper & stickers: Karen Foster; cardstock: DCWV;


This card the red strip is printed, loving reverse printing, and really liking this card too! As you can tell I'm also in the cutting out paper designs phase again too!

**Edited: Sorry had to remove, being published! **


Patterned paper: Karen Foster; cardstock: DCWV;

Patterned paper & stickers: Karen Foster; cardstock: DCWV;

The second lot of product was the flower/gardening themed papers. Strangely I actually struggled more with these than the bugs papers. That just goes to show you NEVER KNOW which product you'll end up liking more! Here are some simple cards with the flower paper.

Patterned paper: Karen Foster; cardstock: DCWV; White Sharpie; brads: Joanns; alpha from stash (old)

Patterned paper & stickers: Karen Foster; cardstock & rub-on: DCWV; ribbon: May Arts

Patterned paper & stickers: Karen Foster; cardstock: DCWV; Stamp: Studio G; ribbon: offray; eyelets: boxer: pens

Patterned paper & stickers: Karen Foster; cardstock + rub-ons: DCWV; Conch: can't remember the manufacturer they were a RAK; stamp: Studio G

I have a few other idea's for the garden papers, just need a few more days, so look out for more Karen Foster from me! If you want to see what the rest of the TTS design team created check out the Karen Foster sponsor gallery.

Off to watch a movie with Bob then hopefully continue sorting out the room switch! Nearly done! Whoohooo!

9 comments:

Beverley Todd August 18, 2007 at 4:50 PM  

Love the Bug cards LOL & the LO has a refreshing simplicity!

Ally August 18, 2007 at 10:47 PM  

wow i love your blog! Just stumbled accross it then and wow! Girl you have talent! I love all the cards! Well done!

PS...can i add your blog link to my sidebar?

Anonymous,  August 18, 2007 at 11:58 PM  

Hi Di.
Great looking blog. I've just subscribed to your RSS feed.

grambie August 19, 2007 at 12:40 AM  

Weekend is ending, but I finally made it. Had to recuperate from Oncology Infusions that ended for this month on last Friday. I almost slept my day away until my grands came to visit me. Love all the lovely patterns and accessories to showcase your hybrid and digital cards from your so cute template. Fabulous collection of your various techniques that commands attention along with having depth.

It is 3:39 a.m. EST and I am going to bed. Love all the wonderful cards. HUGS!!!

Anonymous,  August 19, 2007 at 3:53 AM  

i like very much your blog; your card are very beautifull!

Me August 19, 2007 at 9:15 AM  

I so enjoy looking at your work! I also love your cards. You have an ability to take the simple things and make them stand out!

Teresa August 19, 2007 at 1:20 PM  

Love your cards!! Your posts are always so inspiring!

Kimberly August 20, 2007 at 2:51 AM  

I love your Karen Foster paper you received! Beautiful cards as well DI!

Kerrie's Crafting Corner August 20, 2007 at 4:05 AM  

oooh I'm loving that Karen Foster paper!!!

Lovely cards well done!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com