Sunday, so far...

Sunday, August 19, 2007

up way to early on a Sunday 'cos my cellphone was beeping due to low battery. The dogs HATE that beep with a passion, and turn into complete quivering wimps. You'd think they'd be used to it by now but no... *sigh* So anyway I'm up, feeling rather groggy but I'm getting going. Yesterday Bob moved the rest of his things out my new room, and I almost have everything of mine out the old room and into this one. I have noticed however that I don't seem to be able to fit it all back into the same space. The rooms are almost identical (apart from new desk for the PC and slight rearrange of furniture). I'm left wondering if it's like the Making Memories foam stamps that never fit back in the package once you use them?

Ok wanna see my latest favorite thing? Nope nothing scrappy (scrappy post to follow once I get everything back in drawers and shelves). It's a rice cooker. I've only used it once so far but the rice was PERFECT. Nicely cooked and fluffy.
Now I know I have perfectly good and capable saucepans to cook rice in (Mom!) and I too was dubious when Bob said he was ordering one, but I love it. I've since found out that I can cook pasta in it too, as well as other things! Too cool! Now my thing isn't that I can't cook. I kinda can, my problem is attention span. I can do two things at once, but if one of them is cooking then forget it. Especially if it's something that needs watching/turning. I've ruined both rice and pasta before from boiling dry. Now if I could buy a bigger attention span that would be great! Does amazon.com sell those ya think?

5 comments:

Made by Mandy August 19, 2007 at 2:24 PM  

I've had a rice cooker for years and it is one of the most used items in our kitchen. I wouldn't be without it. Wishing you many successful meals with it.

Unknown August 19, 2007 at 5:01 PM  

LOL, If you ever DO find a longer attention span on sale, let me know!

Jan Scholl August 20, 2007 at 1:39 AM  

I like my rice sticky, and have always used this one pot my MIL gave me 35 years ago. I thought about a cooker but am afraid the rice will no longer hold together like I want it to. I have a wonderful slow cooker I got for 10 dollars at Aldi's a long time ago-and always have some soup cooking in it.

Risa August 20, 2007 at 7:57 AM  

Hello Dee
I read this article and it gave me a good chickle!!!! The Rice Cooker is cute though:)
Malieta:)

Anonymous,  August 20, 2007 at 10:13 AM  

YEAH for rice cookers! We love ours, too! But, I'm not sure what to do about that attention-span thing...if you find anything, please share with us (I could use the help, too...especially, when it comes to flipping grilled items! Heh-heh).

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com