It's not just me then?

Monday, August 20, 2007

Thank heavens someone responded yesterday! I swear I totally thought I was defective with the attention span gene or something. My biggest problem is I get bored easily and am naturally fidgety. If something has my interest it has my attention. I don't like standing there watching pasta cook or waiting to turn things over, so I go do something else, and come back (sometimes). So yeah hoping the rice cooker is going to help somewhat with my culinary disasters. Meanwhile I'm still on the lookout for attention spans, might try ebay next as amazon had nothing, lol!

Ok so in the midst of organizing my office I made some envelopes for the Karen Foster cards I showed at the weekend. Still a few more to do for the flower cards. Used my one heart... one mind template and some old DCWV stack papers (that were WAY retro 70's acid trip) and a few of the left over stickers. Something lately about needing co-ordinating envelopes, as you'll see in the next few weeks sketches.


And so onto the organizing. Nope not finished! See the problem with doing everything is you need somewhere to store it all. The biggest problem with that is the alterable items. Tins, boxes, mini books, clocks, birdhouses, photo frames.. the list goes on. These used to live in the closet in my old room, but then I never used them so the plan was to leave them out so I could see them to use them, but look:


What a mess! Bob has a woman at work collecting tins etc for me which is GREAT cos she has some great tins that I can't wait to alter. The main problem is the Target dollar spot and the dollar store. You think "oh it's only a dollar" that'll be great for XYZ project with so-and-so paper next thing you know your closet is full of it!
So if you see a million altered projects from me in the future you know why!

4 comments:

jo August 20, 2007 at 1:28 PM  

LOL Di!!! That looks just like the sideboard in my living room - full of boxes and things to alter. Only problem is that I don't tend to alter stuff much - it just gathers dust!

Unknown August 21, 2007 at 8:39 AM  

LOL, that is me too! Hope to see some altered stuff soon!

Gal Friday August 23, 2007 at 6:58 AM  

Don't forget if your getting rid of anything freecycle.com is an excellent way to share with others.
I really like your space here, I just stumbled upon it.

Sue McGettigan August 25, 2007 at 8:19 AM  

Yes - I had to seriously restrict myself on the $1 purchases - they WOULD make great projects if I actually got them done...

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com