My favorite... adhesive

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

a while back I got to take part in a sample program offered by UHU, all you had to do was send an email with your blog link, use the product and put a review on your blog, simple! I got the roller and glue pen and loved them both! (You can see my review here) Since then I've received a couple more samples. The Twist & Glue and the glue stick. I've held off reviewing them because I wanted to see how the adhesive held up over time.
Now I've never been a fan of the wet glue, I'm not the tidiest of crafters and well disaster usually ensues. I love the UHU Twist & Glue and here is why - it's Di proof! YAY! This sucker sticks and I don't get it everywhere! The top has this nifty twisty thing that changes the application nozzle so you can have a thin line of adhesive or twist for thicker application, trust me you don't need a lot of adhesive if you're using UHU! To date I've used this on paper, wood, acrylic/perspex, plastic, transparancies, fabrics and lots of other things which I forget.

Glue sticks, wll I have a love hate relationship with glue sticks. Mostly the fact that I like them cos lets face it they are cheap, and that's good. Bad news generally is you get what you pay for. I've bought the cheap 10 packs in the dollar store that dry up so fast and I've bought the other brand names but let me tell ya, UHU leaves them in the dust!!! It sticks and sticks good!

The main reason I held off posting this review is I wanted to see how well the adhesive did over time. I know one of the major factors with glue sticks is the dry up and no longer stick, and wet glues well I just had to play. I made this project back in April as part of a guest designer position at Scrappin'Trends. I used UHU exclusively on all my projects for them and waited.
It's been some months now and the altered card box is exactly the same as it was. Nothing is falling off, all the corners are still adhered (no dog eared corners), and none of the embellishments have fallen off! Perfect! And for those that worry about the archival aspects yes it's photo safe and acid free!

I've used the Twist & Glue a lot since. It's my go-to adhesive of choice for altered projects and I have projects being published next year using this adhesive. I'm a glue stick convert too! I used to waste a ton on fancy rollers for adhering paper to cards and let me tell ya this glue stick does it perfect! No clumps, no lumps and it STAYS STUCK!


And now the good news is YOU can take part too! You can find the current sample details (glue stick) here at the UHU blog. Then you can find out yourself how great UHU is!

5 comments:

Anonymous,  August 22, 2007 at 12:59 AM  

I have used UHU twist and glue to stick embellishments that would normally fall off with everything else and for heavy cardboard. It proved to be even better than wood glue. But I used the glue in the black bottle not the green. Have you tried it? I'd like to know the difference except that one is washable and one not.

Aimeslee Winans August 22, 2007 at 3:01 PM  

Di, I have both the yellow bottle and the yellow stick with the purple top. The UHU stick is my #1 glue stick, so I totally agree. (I researched what the #1 gluestick was on the internet before buying, and among crafters it is the UHU ...and the 3M Scotch one, which I can only find in repositionable.)

Like you, I dread using wet glues. For me, it's not a disaster but it does make my paper pucker. And since I have a boatload of various wet glues, that's not good. But I'll try out the yellow UHU bottle sometime soon, since you said it worked for you. Any TIPS for using wet glue when you need it to work like dry glues do?

Scrapper-holic August 24, 2007 at 10:05 AM  

I read your review on the glue and went out to look for them. Found both and what worries me is that the Twist bottle one says its not for photos. Really small print on back of bottle. So does that make it archival safe?

Anonymous,  August 24, 2007 at 12:45 PM  

The one that sais not for photos is a stronger one and can be used for glass and metal. The bottle is yellow and black not yellow and green like the one in the image. That's the one I have used so far.

Sue McGettigan August 25, 2007 at 8:17 AM  

Thanks for the review and the link to join the program :)

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com