Card Sketch Nov #3

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving-eve! Another Wednesday and another favorite sketch from me! Expect to see this one a few times in the next week or so, I cannot stop using it! Much like last weeks sketch. Simple yet stunning this one. As usual the digital template can be downloaded here.


I have to say this is a design I've used before, and loved. I purposefully left design simple as there are lots of ways to interpret this one. The circles are a suggestion for embellishment placement. For my first card with this sketch (more to come soon, stretching them out over a few days) I used these chipboard circles from SEI. Perfect for this sketch really.

Supplies: SIStv ZingBOOM kit "Whimsy Woods"; Font: Sexsmith (downloaded from the internet);



Jackie went with flowers for her embellishments. Love the colors in this, perfect fall colors and the glitter really adds a special something to this card.

Card by Jackie Price
Supplies:Basic grey pp; Prima flowers; Sparkle glue; Marcella K “celebrate” stamp; Stazon brown ink;



My Mom chose to go with straight lines for her card, and she flipped the sketch too. This one shows that you don't have to use the circles they are just a suggestion.

Card by Linda Flinders



Card by Indah Permata Sari
Credits: Lazy Days by Gina Marie Huff of Weeds&Wildflowers



Pearl took the sketch and turned it to make this pretty in pink card. The mix of embellishments tumbling down the card makes a great focal point with the striped paper drawing your eye across the card.

Card by Pearl Liu
Supplies: Bazzill CS , DCWV Nana's Kids CS, Stickers from Shanghai



Wendy shows how this sketch can be used for an elegant, formal card. The embossing and rose design really go together well, and the row of pearls unites the three panels.

Card by Wendy McGlinchey
Supplies: White base card, a strip of white card for embossing, Cuttlebug Embossing folder, complimentary ink to distress edges of card and paper, patterned paper and images from Joanna Sheen Victorian Romance CD, Rubbbadubbadoo Stamped greeting, sticky backed pearls and ribbon bow.


Jo took the sketch in the same direction I did, but she used buttons. (I have a button card coming up in a few days with this sketch) I love the paper with the buttons, perfect holiday card! Love the penwork on this to unite the paper with the stamp.

Card by Jo Willis
Supplies: Dovecraft paper, Papermill card, buttons from my huge stash!, Studio G stamp, black Brilliance ink, Sakura Micron pen.



Cindy as always has a stunning card! I just LOVE this one! The trim is perfect and as you all know I love non-traditional colors for holiday cards, and the gingham paper with the pink just rocks. The white buttons balance out the card perfectly! Stunning!!!

Card by Cindy Gilchrist
Supplies: K&Co Pattern Paper, Bazzill Cardstock, Heidi Swapp Chipboard Label Holder, Making Memories Paint, Making Memories Brads, Colorbox Chalk Ink, Ball Fringe, Buttons.


Kelli chose to go simple, with this cardstock based card. Using the single bold color really draws your attention to the snowflakes. Rightly so she flipped the sentiment above the snowflakes otherwise the card would look too bottom heavy. Simply stunning card, and loving that bucket too!

Card by Kelli Smith
Supplies: Martha Stewart snowflake punch, brazzill kiss and angel cardstock, STampin' up friend stamp, STaz on red stamp pad



As usual hook my up in the comments if you use the sketch as I love to come check them out!

Enjoy!!!

Di

25 comments:

Maria November 22, 2007 at 1:02 AM  

Thank you! The DigiFree freebie search engine is about to list this blog post at digifree.blogspot.com

Inma November 22, 2007 at 1:51 AM  

Fantastic card sketch, thanks so much for sharing it and many thanks for showing examples with it. :)

Best wishes.:O)

Unknown November 22, 2007 at 3:11 AM  

Love the sketch, can't wait to get home and work on it.

I've just blogged my November Sketch #1 (out of synch, I know as I've already blogged my #2 this month).

http://freycob.blogspot.com

StampMom November 22, 2007 at 5:00 AM  

Great sketch -- I'm thinking leaves & acorns, or Christmas ornaments. Hope I get to stamp in between cooking brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes, LOL...

Kaz November 22, 2007 at 6:43 AM  

Lovely cards from the team. I love this sketch and think I'll use it loads. Mine's on my blog. TFL x

michelle sturgeon November 22, 2007 at 7:42 AM  

LOVE what everyone came up with!
here's mine:
http://comestampwithme.blogspot.com/2007/11/snowflakes-for-di.html

Leann November 22, 2007 at 9:49 AM  

here's mine!

http://leanns-ramblings.blogspot.com/2007/11/sketched-doodly-ribbons.html

Looby November 22, 2007 at 10:27 AM  

thanks for another fab sketch Di, here's my effort:

http://scraphappylou.blogspot.com/2007/11/di-hickman-nov-3.html

Lou x

My Paper World November 22, 2007 at 11:08 AM  

LOVE this sketch! My card is on my blog: www.mypaperworld.blogspot.com

Anonymous,  November 22, 2007 at 2:26 PM  

Thanks for the great sketch!

Anonymous,  November 22, 2007 at 2:29 PM  

Fab cards everyone.:)
Here
is my take on the sketch.
Vanessa.

Unknown November 23, 2007 at 12:22 AM  

What an amazing sketch. Will use it loads. Thanks so much. My card is on my blog
http://craftandwaffle.blogspot.com/
LOL Lynn xx

debby4000 November 23, 2007 at 1:22 AM  

Love this sketch,fabulous examples too.
Mine is here http://debby4000.blogspot.com/2007/11/bah-humbug.html

Anonymous,  November 23, 2007 at 11:32 PM  

Thanks so much!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) November 24, 2007 at 2:06 AM  

fab sketch - here's my version

jane x

http://carrollscreations.blogspot.com/2007/11/di-hickman-card-sketch-211107.html

Deanne November 24, 2007 at 4:52 AM  

Hello Di
I've been sooo busy havent played for awhile - heres my take for this week - loved it - thank you x

Rachel V. November 26, 2007 at 10:50 AM  

Love this sketch! I may use this one a few more times.

Here's my take

Carol November 26, 2007 at 2:58 PM  

Loved this sketch, really enjoyed making a card with this one! Thank You :)

You can see it

HERE


Carol x

Susie Little November 27, 2007 at 2:22 AM  

Gorgeous cards!!!!
Here's mine........

http://whiteribboncards.blogspot.com/2007/11/di-hickmans-tuesday-challenge.html

Susie xx

Beverley Todd November 27, 2007 at 4:14 PM  

Another totally 'useable' sketch - I love the simplicity! Used it for a couple of cards in a kids cardmaking session today - find them here: http://craftymoments.blogspot.com/2007/11/christmas-is-for-children.html

Looking forward to the next one!

Wendy November 28, 2007 at 5:20 AM  

I love all the examples you have shown. Unfortunately, mine is not so good. You can see my card here

Wendy x

Made by Mandy December 22, 2007 at 2:48 AM  

Hi Di,

Love this sketch, I think it is so versatile. Looking forward to using it again but in the meantime here is my offering......

http://amandacruxton.blogspot.com/2007/12/leaving-card-di-hickman-sketch-november.html

Janet January 27, 2008 at 2:18 PM  

I don't even know if you will see this since I am using your sketch several months later, but here is the link to my blog. I needed to make a baby card so I looked through sketches I kept and liked this one. Thanks for the great sketch.

Janet January 27, 2008 at 2:20 PM  

OOPS! I forgot to put my blog address for you to see the card I made with this sketch. It is www.moosisk.blogspot.com . Sorry about that. Thanks.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com