Embellishment challenge!

Friday, November 23, 2007

Well we had a good Thanksgiving. Lots of food, good company and fun times with "rock band" the game. Bob and I are thinking of getting our own for the X-box 360. At the end of the night Bob was hoarse (vocals), my arm was sore (guitarist) and Gautam's back was aching (drums). We have food and drink left over but we'll be taking some to Gautams place later where we'll continue our world tour and search for fame and fortune! "Rock Band" rocks, if you get chance try it!

Well as I said earlier this month I was thinking about doing some general challenges this month to get you to use your stash (just like I am) so here is the first challenge. Buttons! If you're like me you have tons of the things and this weeks sketch really lends itself well to using buttons so grab your button stash and start creating!


Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Patterned Paper: SEI; Rub-on: Joanns; Buttons: Misc from stash

TIP: You don't have to sew buttons on! Just grab some glue dots and stick them on! Trust me mine have NEVER fallen off!

TIP: If you like the look of tied buttons, tie the twine through before you stick them on!

Back tomorrow with more creative stuff!

D

5 comments:

My Paper World November 23, 2007 at 11:52 AM  

Oooooooh! Pretty! I just bought some buttons today!- love this sketch soooo much, I have used it twice so far!! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Beverley Todd November 23, 2007 at 1:11 PM  

Luuuurve buttons! LOL. I'll be back.

Leann November 24, 2007 at 12:16 PM  

love this sketch Di ~ used it again {with buttons!}

http://leanns-ramblings.blogspot.com/2007/11/something-old-something-new.html

Beverley Todd November 27, 2007 at 5:09 PM  

Nov #3 sketch again - with buttons!
It's here: http://craftymoments.blogspot.com/2007/11/one-more-for-dis-sketch.html

Looby November 28, 2007 at 11:28 AM  

ooh I love buttons!! Mine's here:
http://scraphappylou.blogspot.com/2007/11/3-in-1-challenge.html

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com