Monday Monday...

Monday, November 12, 2007

Monday again! Well our weekend was quiet. Though I did make a couple of cards yesterday :) I actually used my Studio G stamps from Michaels! I have about 10 sets of these little suckers and always seem to forget about them. Thought this star tag just fits the stamp perfectly! Oh and the design is loosely based on one of my old sketches.

Supplies: SEI Kaboom; Heidi Swapp photo corner; Studio G Stamp; May arts ribbon;


Saw this little quiz on 2 peas and thought it would be a good blog challenge for this Monday morning! So if you want to join in feel free, oh and link me up in the comments!

1 What is your ideal atmosphere to scrapbook in?
My scraproom. I am going to admit here and now that I have NEVER been to a crop, yet! Susan is going to let me know when she and her buddies have a crop down in the valley. I'll probably need a uhaul truck to get me and my supplies there, but I figure I'll probably just do cards and chat :) I love my scraproom and could quite happily spend all my time in here from waking up to sleeping. I'd love it even more when its got some decoration done, right now its sparse white walls. Not very inspiring...

2 What inspires you to scrapbook? (a color, a photo, certain paper, particular people or subjects, books, galleries, blogs...)
Um, all of the above! Usually I HAVE to scrapbook for DT assignments so I'm usually busy creating SOMETHING daily (tough life isn't it?). Most times though it's just a compulsion to play with paper. My self imposed challenge of using my stash has me inspired to scrapbook too!

3 Where do you go to seek creative inspiration? (websites, magazines, etc)
Everywhere, mostly new product. Though I do get VERY inspired by reading Ali Edwards books, Cathy Zeilske, and Stacy Julian's books. Just reading those has me itching to get into my scraproom. I think I've read CZ's books about a million times (ok maybe not THAT much but you get the idea). I have Ali's new book coming this week and so I may go into a "creative coma" in the next week or so.

4 How do you keep track of the pages or projects you want to copy?
I don't. I rarely lift someone else's work, in fact I can't remember the last time I did that, usually it's for a challenge online or something. I guess I get inspired by other peoples work, but not a copier.

5 What do you do to jumpstart your creativity when you've got scrapper's block?
Lots of things! First I'll walk away, go check magazines, or my favorite blogs. Maybe go for a walk, take a shower. If its still not working, I'll go shopping. Use sketches, or scraplift myself. Sometimes though I just have to work through it. I may or may not like the end result but some blocks just have to be worked through. During these times I usually art journal or just allow myself to play.

2 comments:

Jacinda November 12, 2007 at 8:32 PM  

It seems you and I are inspired by the same people :) I love Cathy Zielske too. Nice work on your latest card, and I love the holiday projects underneath this post too. Really nice work Di.

Beverley Todd November 13, 2007 at 3:23 AM  

I did the quiz this morning! It's on my blog here: http://craftymoments.blogspot.com/2007/11/blog-quiz.html

Great cards Di!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com