Thoughts and prayers...

Friday, November 9, 2007

I've been thinking about challenges a little today. Thinking about trying some other kinds of challenges on the blog (once things settle down, maybe starting in a week or two). Like manufacturer challenges to help us USE our stash. Technique challenges. Theme Challenges. Anyone interested? And if you can think of any other challenges I'm all ears!

Been busy battling deadlines, and I think I am kind of winning... which is good. Altered a letter today (big one by EK success). Can't share that yet as it's for Decembers ScrapStreet. Also made a Christmas card today, which I also can't share yet (see, notice the theme?). But I did make this card yesterday which I got around to photographing today. Based on one of my old sketches...

Paper: SEI; Flower: Prima; Brad: Doodlebug; Rub-on: Karen Foster; Ink: Around the Block

I think this is just the second time I've used this SEI Paisely and Petals line despite having a TON of it in my stash. I do that with some manufacturers. I hoard it. I've noticed my preference for hoarding seems to be double sided papers (especially with the solid on the reverse - my personal favorite).

Another card photographed and coming tomorrow!

2 comments:

grambie November 9, 2007 at 9:15 PM  

I really enjoy viewing this card that you have completed so beautiful with all the happy colors. Love the scalloping effect within the design especially with the deep brown background. It is so beautiful and unique in its entire design. With all your deadlines that you have to meet, I can understand the secrecy that is required. What would be the purpose to publish, if you have already made your template designs available to the public. So nice to visit. Have a wonderful weekend.

Jukie November 10, 2007 at 5:03 AM  

I would love more challenges - anything to help me actually use those things that I tend to stroke and put away for fear of making something that isnt quite as beautiful as it orginally is!lol I dont know where you find the time and I love all the secrecy around some of the things that you do - it shows that you are at the forefront of this industry and we are lucky to get some great ideas from you! keep up the great work.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com