Card Sketch December #2

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ready for another midweek card sketch challenge? Really enjoyed going to look at everyones creations, need to double check the blog comments as my email notification went a little wonky last week. I am assuming blogger hiccups as I've changed nothing in the blog set-up! This weeks is slightly similar to last weeks with a few little changes. Sometimes that happens when I'm sketching, one sketch will spark another, then another, and so on. As usual the digital template can be downloaded here.


I'm betting that regular readers are going to be sick of this paper soon! Don't worry I think I only have one more card to share with this paper! Which is a sketch for another week so you'll see it eventually. Using my stash again (go me!). These alpha letters have been in there a while! I think I got them the time my parents visited back in 2006, we got these huge DCWV bumper packages from JoAnns. The epoxy was in a set from Michaels dollar bin. I realized recently though that I buy these things and rarely use them, so that's one of my new missions!

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Patterned Paper: Luxe; Alpha Stickers: DCWV; Epoxy: Horizon




Ok onto the sketch girls cards! First up this week is Jo! Love the fun paper on this! Would be a good for any occasion and the colors make it great for a masculine card (I struggle with those!). Great card Jo!

Card by Jo Willis
Supplies: DCWV cardstock, Sassafras Lass paper, Sizzlits Graffiti die-cut alpha, sizzlit stars, Colorbox chalk ink, black Sakura Micron pen, unknown ribbon.



Cindy opted for digital this week! Love how she switches things up. Great use of the patterned papers, and elements. Really liked how she used the ribbon across the card, and putting the sentiment on it almost like a gift wrapped package!

Digital Card by Cindy Gilchrist
Supplies: Digital Papers and Embellishments from Traci Reed and Dani Mogstad's "Sleigh Bells Ring" kit, Fonts are Stamp Act and CK Cursive.



First thing I have to say about Angela's card is I love this script font! Perfect for holiday cards where you may want a little bit of a traditional feel. Fun papers and I love the little gifts snuck in behind the sentiment!

Digital Card by Angela Shetzer
Credits: Christmas Memories kit by Chigger Lane Designs; Font: Edwardian Script



Love this card from Kelli! Everything just ties together beautifully. The music sheet paper, the music note and the "fa la la" sentiment, just perfect!

Card by Kelli Smith
supplies: stickles from ranger, Love ELsie pp, LOve ELsie rubons, Plain Janes musical notes, Martha Stewart snowflakes punch



I have to say this is how *I* envision the card. Straight lines, with an almost graphic feel, yet Jolene manages to turn that into this lovely floral card. Beautiful!

Card by Jolene Johnston
Supplies: Die Cuts With a View card, Bazzill cardstock, My Mind's Eye Wild Asparagus papers, Colorbox chalk ink, Basic Grey Lily Kate ribbon, Karen Foster rub on, My Moments paper flower, Michael's silk leaf



My Mom opted for some girly girl fun this week. Purple accents pulled from the floral paper, paired with a fun teddy bear embellishment.

Card by Linda Flinders



As usual if you do the sketch hook me up in the comments as I love to come check them out!

9 comments:

grambie December 12, 2007 at 12:33 PM  

So nice to receive your newsletter with all your fabulous templates. Although it is similar, it still have its distinct variations. So glad to see all the wonderful previews with its own interpretation of your original card template. The top blue card is so sweet and it continues down with the lovely happy colors and so sweet embellishments. I have to comment on your Mother's wonderful designs. I noticed them, of course, every time. She is definitely a person of my heart. I just love her whimsical concepts as she completes your templates. That teddybear just touches the heartstrings. Just awesome. HUGS To All!!

Beverley Todd December 12, 2007 at 2:38 PM  

Could never get sick of that paper, DI! LOL.
Good luck with the Digi shop - I've to rebuild my webstore from scratch - not fun - but I'll find time to do the sketch tho'

Anonymous,  December 12, 2007 at 3:27 PM  

thanks for sharing the template and the ideas!

Anonymous,  December 13, 2007 at 7:24 AM  

Thank you:)

debby4000 December 14, 2007 at 12:50 AM  

Great sketches Di really look forward each week to them.
Here's mine debby4000.blogspot.com/2007/12/its.html

Anonymous,  December 15, 2007 at 12:43 AM  

Fab cards everyone.:) Here is mine.
Vanessa.

Inma December 15, 2007 at 10:49 AM  

The sketch is fantastic and the first card with the blue paper is wonderful, I would never be tired of using that paper, so I fully understand you using it. :) The one with the musical elements is also terrific, :) and so are the rest of the cards. :) Thanks so much for sharing the cards with us and many thanks for the sketch. :)

Best wishes. :O)

Susie Little December 18, 2007 at 12:28 PM  

Hello Di,
Here's mine.........

http://whiteribboncards.blogspot.com/2007/12/caardvarks-challenge.html

Susie xx

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com