I have nothing to post today, because...

Thursday, December 13, 2007

I'm too excited! My new baby arrives today! Bob bought me this little beauty and it should arrive today!
It's an Olympus E-510 SLR camera and it's coming with the 2 lens kit (which is supposed to be the best lens kit out there!). I've had a "prosumer" camera, a Panasonic Fz20, since June 2005 but honestly I've come to the end of my learning curve with it and am starting to feel restricted by it. I still love my Fz20 and will probably keep it a while till I get over the learning curve of the Oly.

Those that know me, know that I love nature photography. Just something I love to do and the Panasonic has really helped a lot with that passion. I love going to the local park and taking photo's of the ducks, or going into the jungle we call a back garden and finding things to photograph. The Panasonic was my first camera with adjustable settings for the F-stops so I could take blurry background photo's like this one...


Taken June 2005 with Panasonic Fz20

I'm really looking forward to getting back on track with my photography in 2008. Once I figure out all the settings, read the manual about 50 times and probably curse a few times. So hurry up parcel man!!!


In other new I got this little beauty this week, an Epson RX680 all in one printer, scanner, copier and prints directly to CDs/DVDs!

Apparently Bob is rather impressed with it as during set up he was like: "oh it has....", "oh look it does..." and "oh COOOOL it's....."!!! Time will tell though! I hope to be able to use this later this week, and give it a thorough testing/review. I plan on figuring out the copier part today as I need to do some copies. Then I'll go from there!

Back soon with some creations

hugs

Di

7 comments:

Brooke - in Oregon December 13, 2007 at 10:20 AM  

WOO HOO for you!! That is totally cool! Santa Baby has been good to you :)

WOW that looks like one bad boy printer/copier! I can hardly wait to hear your review!

Anonymous,  December 13, 2007 at 11:01 AM  

Hey Di! I thought you were already shooting with a dSLR. You will love it. There is a learning curve, but once you get over that hump, it's all good.

Jolene December 13, 2007 at 4:05 PM  

Yay! Such fun goodies. Have a good time.

Unknown December 13, 2007 at 6:52 PM  

WooHoo! Congrats! I can't wait to see the photos you take! Enjoy it!

Anonymous,  December 13, 2007 at 9:37 PM  

Terrific

Let me know how that wild printer/copier/everything else works. I'm jealous.

Unknown December 14, 2007 at 3:19 PM  

Congrats to you. the camera sound wonderful and that printer my friend has it and he loves it.
Have fun

Anonymous,  December 20, 2007 at 4:56 AM  

Hi Di,

Enjoy your new camera when it comes in. My prosumer camera died and I husband got me a great slr, he knew I would not be happy until I had one. Now I want a high end point and shot to go with it, one that fits in my purse to grab candid shots. Enjoy yours.

I've heard great things about the Epson line from other photographers. Waiting for my current printer to die or become obsolete, but all it wants is more ink.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com