Card Sketch December #3

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Wednesday and another card sketch! This weeks is a bare bones sketch with just the outline and room for you to go CRAZY! Three rectangles layered on a card front. The sketch is rectangle but remember you can flip, rotate, mirror, change the size, and well... anything goes! As always the digital template can be downloaded here.


I've made a couple of cards with this sketch so far, and I'll be sharing them over the coming weeks. I have to say I am LOVING this "Season of Joy" line by Scrapworks, more holiday cards coming soon!

Supplies: Papers: Scrapworks; Stickers: Scrapworks; Ink: Darice; Eyelets: MM; Ribbon: Offray;



Kelli, like me, is busy working on holiday cards (well really who isn't this time of year?). Love her interpretation of the sketch and her choice of sentiment placement works really well.

Card by Kelli Smith
Supplies: Reminisce holiday leftover collection paper, ranger stickles in green,red, and black, JOY letters Scenic route



Isn't this card by Pearl just ADORABLE? I love the sketch with the scallop edges, and the fun colors really add an extra special touch to holiday cards. Not sure why I'm drawn to pink for holiday card colors, but I am!

Card by Pearl Liu
Supply List : Anna Griffin pps , Jolly Holly Brad & Ribbon , Sue Dreamer chipboard accent , Bazzill Scalloped CS



As usual Mum joined in the card sketches. When she was here on vacation we went to Michaels where she bought some acrylic stamps, those dollar packs (you all know the ones right?). Anyway she's jumping into stamping with both feet! Go Mum! So proud of you!

Card by Linda Flinders



Jackie rotated the sketch to a horizontal card. Love how this sketch works in this format too! Love the use of the stamped images and greeting on the green paper!

Card by Jackie Price
Supplies: Misc. Christmas Paper scraps; Prima flowers; Glitter glue; Close to My Heart Merry Christmas stamp; Stazon Ink; Cat’s Eye ink



Jo took this sketch and made it her own! I love the penwork on this, just enough added to the white cardstock, to tie it into the patterned papers. Beautiful card!

Card by Jo Willis
Supplies: Papermill card, Papermania papers, Onefourzero stamp, copper embossing powder, eyelets, fibres, Cuttlebug tag , Studio G stamp, Brilliance ink, Marvy pens.



As always Wendys card is beautiful, classic and vintage style with superb stamping! Love the papers and embossing! Great card!

Card by Wendy McGlinchey
Supplies:- Backing Paper from Artylicious Season's Greetings CD, Cuttlebug Snowflake embossing folder, Copic pens, Inkadinkado Rubber Stamp Image, Versafine black ink pad, white card stock, contrasting card stock, Glue, 3D foam pads, satin ribbon.



Jolene made this beautiful card in classic black and white. The lace is such a great touch, and the brown ink gives the card a little bit of color, whilst not overwhelming the classic style.

Supplies: Die Cuts With a View card, Bazzill cardstock, Colorbok and The Paper Studio papers, Colorbox chalk ink, Karen Foster rub on, Wrights trim


Card by Cindy Gilchrist
Supplies: All items are from the "MVP" Digital Kit by Dani Modstad



As always hook me up in the comments if you do the sketch as I love to come check them out!

11 comments:

Anonymous,  December 19, 2007 at 2:49 PM  

Beautiful template. Thank you!

Samm December 19, 2007 at 3:38 PM  

Another yum one! great cards ladies!

Here's mine:

by Samm: Di Hickman December #3

Samm
x

grambie December 19, 2007 at 3:54 PM  

So nice to view the wonderful cards from your original template. Just awesome with the various takes, especially turning the card to more of a landscape style. (Now, she is working with my personal preferences.) So glad to see Mother Dear is still displaying her wonderful takes on your designs. To your various designers who works are so artful and expressive, I say thanks. To all a wonderful and blessed holiday season.

Andrea, December 20, 2007 at 4:16 AM  

Fab sketch. My card is on my blog. Happy Christmas.

My card

michelle sturgeon December 20, 2007 at 7:37 AM  

Love the layers! Here's mine:
http://comestampwithme.blogspot.com/2007/12/oh-give-me-some-figgy-pudding.html

debby4000 December 21, 2007 at 1:52 AM  

This sketch was just what I needed for a coloured in image I was working on, you can see it here.
http://debby4000.blogspot.com/2007/12/no-time-for-scrapbooking-but-managed-to.html

Thanks for great sketches.

Unknown December 21, 2007 at 1:22 PM  

A really fabby sketch. I was playing with my new pencils so a perfect sketch for me too!
http://craftandwaffle.blogspot.com/

Kaz December 22, 2007 at 7:17 AM  

I love this sketch, very versatile! Mine's on my blog. Merry Christmas everyone.

Jane (Carroll's Creations) December 23, 2007 at 12:39 AM  

great template - a little late i know but here's mine

jane x

http://carrollscreations.blogspot.com/2007/12/di-hickman-card-sketch-191207.html

Looby December 23, 2007 at 10:38 AM  

another fabby sketch Di - thanks!
Mine's on my blog now, along with Dec #2, which I was a little late with! LOL
Lou xx

Made by Mandy December 26, 2007 at 7:37 PM  

Hi Di,

I made 2 last minute cards using this sketch and they can be seen here

http://amandacruxton.blogspot.com/2007/12/di-hickman-sketch-december-3.html
Made by Mandy: Di Hickman Sketch December #3 - 2 cards

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com