Huh? Did someone say BIRTHDAY?

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Happy Birthday to me! Yep it's my birthday, as usual once you get older birthdays are another thing that just isn't like it is when you're a kid. Chatted to my parents today which is always cool. And Gautam called even though I'll probably see him later. We're off to the valley for some supplies for Bob and maybe nipping into some scrap stores (I have Birthday $$$ to spend!). So apologies for the lack of visual content, more of that coming soon!


Nancy tagged me! Most things relate to the weekend which is tough cos Sunday is usually out outing day of choice due to us chatting to family Saturday mornings.


Ten things I did this weekend:
  • cleaned my scrap room
  • made a ton of stuff I cant show yet
  • helped Bob with his new project
  • got through a TON of email
  • made more holiday cards
  • blogged
  • went shopping
  • walked the dogs
  • did some research


9 things on my agenda this week:
  • Give kitchen a good clean
  • WRITE!
  • CREATE!
  • Work on creating 2008 goals
  • post all remaining holiday cards
  • shopping
  • wash car + truck
  • gardening
  • work on my websites

8 shows I've watched last week:
  • Argh one I can't really do. We don't watch a lot of TV, and honestly are watching it less and less lately. Especially now that it's all gone to repeats for the holiday season! Our TV has hardly been on. In fact we're considering canceling it altogether.
  • Top Gear
  • Miami Ink
  • News
  • America's Next Top Model
  • When it's on I'd watch Greys Anatomy but this week was a rerun, phooey!
  • Same with House! Love that show!
  • Wow who knew I'd struggle like heck with this one! Erm... yeah just imagine I added something else here. Makes me realize we really DON'T watch that much TV!

7 things I cooked last week
  • Pizza! Loaded with veggie bacon, tofurkey sausage and Fontiago cheese! If you haven't tried Fontiago from Trader Joe's you really should! It's delish!!!
  • As always cooked the dogs some egg with their dinner. Yep they are spoiled, what's your problem? lol!
  • Burgers
  • Bhaji's/pakora's. This was last nights 'experiment', turned out GOOD!
  • Not technically cooking, but we made the green mint chutney to go with the bhaji's! Man we love that stuff!!!
  • Erm, kinda started cooking Aloo Matar last night. BUT, we stuffed ourselves on the Bhaji's and didn't want anything else! So I cooked the rice and potatoes. Will finish it off today.
  • Fries! Strangely we used to eat fries a lot, now we hardly eat them at all. Family will be SHOCKED to know that Bob actually refused fries for rice and roti one night last week!
  • Not cooked much this week as we've eaten out with friends a bit and also had leftovers. I guess I can count leftovers as I have to reheat those right?

6 things I read this week
  • tons of email, then more email, and more email!
  • Blogs
  • Message boards that I am on
  • manual for new camera
  • Creating Keepsakes January (bought it yesterday will let you know my thoughts later in the week)
  • Ali Edwards Life Artist - loving this book!

5 Reasons to be happy today
  • It's my birthday!
  • Going out for food at some point today
  • It's beautiful outside!
  • I have a new camera! Loving it so far!
  • Did I mention the birthday part?

4 things I need to buy
  • New underwear.
  • Ink pads, I need more colors. I blame Nancy! She's an enabler!
  • Stamp set I saw at JoAnns that I might have to buy today.
  • Ring Binder, technically it's for Bob but it's the only other thing I can think of right now.


3 people I saw this weekend: Not many yet. Family time in the morning, shopping in the afternoon and then we worked on Bobs project. Today we have tentative plans for dinner out with friends
  • Bob
  • Neighbors
  • People whilst out shopping


2 things I am thankful right now
  • Bob, always Bob! Not sure what I did to deserve him but I am thankful everyday that we found each other. Love ya sweetie!
  • The internet! You can take the tv, microwave etc but DO NOT mess with my internet connection!!! Isn't the internet awesome?

and one more thought:
  • Birthdays are a day that celebrates YOU. Another year marked off in your life! Make them count! Each Birthday should be a celebration

Ok we're off out shopping etc. Catch you all tomorrow!

Hugs

Di

12 comments:

Looby December 16, 2007 at 12:57 PM  

Happy Birthday!! Have a good one - and enjoy your spending!!
Hugs
Lou xx

Made by Mandy December 16, 2007 at 2:55 PM  

Happy Birthday to you !

Hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy spending your birthday money.

With love and best wishes

Mandy XXX

Jolene December 16, 2007 at 5:29 PM  

Happy Birthday hugs!! I had no idea our birthdays were only a week apart. Hope you had a super day and a wonderful next year. xo

Unknown December 17, 2007 at 2:43 AM  

Happy Birthday!!! Have a fab one and make sure you're spoiled rotten!

Anonymous,  December 17, 2007 at 4:43 AM  

Snap my birthday too! We also share a love of house but seeing as i,m in the uk your reruns will still be new to me. Happy Birthday hope you had a great day.

jo December 17, 2007 at 3:27 PM  

Belated Happy Birthday Di!!!! xx

Pearl December 18, 2007 at 3:37 AM  

Why happy Belated Birthday Di ! Trust you had a good one !

I havent been very good at blog visiting or even creating stuff etc recently . Glad I wasnt so far behind this post ! lol

Wishing you a Blessed Christmas Season ahead !

xo, Pearl

Anonymous,  December 18, 2007 at 8:02 PM  

Happy Happy!! Enjoy your day
Krista

Inma December 19, 2007 at 9:50 PM  

I know it's a tad late, but anyway Happy Birthday!!! I hope you had a fantastic time and the dogs got more treats at dinner. LOL

And by the way, I fully understand what you say about Internet, if they take Internet from me right now I would bite whoever dares to attempt that. LOL

Thanks for everything and best wishes. :O)

Kim Mraz December 22, 2007 at 11:15 AM  

Hope you had a VERY special Birthday Di! :0)

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com