Hybrid layout - Biker Dude

Monday, December 17, 2007

I did this digital layout a while back but I wanted to include it in Bobs album which is 12x12 so I had a dilemma. I either printed it 8x8 and mounted onto cardstock or made it hybrid. I explained the crossover from digital to hybrid in an article last week.

Credits: Wonderful Kit by Shabby Princess; Font: SP Wonderful Wendy (journalling); Title font: unknown; Photo frame by Misty Cato

I printed off the photo section with frame and ribbon, printing it twice, just printing out different sections. I trimmed out the sections, and adhered them together where the focal photo is. Printed out the journal panel with text, then assembled the layout traditionally!

Digital Supplies: Wonderful Kit by Shabby Princess; Font: SP Wonderful Wendy (journalling); Photo frame by Misty Cato; Paper Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Paper: My Minds Eye; Rub-ons: DCWV; Chipboard Alpha: Heidi Swapp; Ink: Around the Block;

I guess I got lucky with the paper as the My Minds Eye is quite close in colors and style to the Shabby Princess. I inked everything as I seem to be doing that a lot lately. And added the rub-ons because I didn't like the big white space to the left of the title, then had to balance those out with some little touches elsewhere to get my visual triangle.

As you can see hybrid has lots of opportunities to unite digital and paper! I am hoping to share a lot more hybrid with you in the future! Any questions, suggestions for tutorials or just general stuff just email me or leave a comment, I love helping out anyway I can!

Remember to check out the bonus card sketch from Saturday! You don't have to enter the call, just treat it as a regular sketch! Must share my version of this card soon too!

More creations coming soon!

Hugs

Di

2 comments:

Jolene December 17, 2007 at 12:51 PM  

Keep up these great hybrid tips for those of us a little gun-shy to give it a try. Thanks!

Anonymous,  December 17, 2007 at 8:58 PM  

Hey Belated Birthday Wishes to you from Priya in India.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com