Just for fun!

Sunday, December 30, 2007

December has been a month of lots of changes for me. Still can't tell you about some of these (yes I have a HUGE secret!), but LOTS of changes. The biggest changes for me this month was resigning from the Treasures to Scrap design team. Something I've been struggling with for a while is keeping up with my commitments there, not the creating (you know I love that) but the forum posts and gallery praise, and general site participation. I've been on that team 18 months so it's been a big part of my 'designer' life.

One of the major factors in this decision has been me posting more regularly to the blog this year. I just prefer it to online forums. It keeps all my stuff in one place and it's totally under my control (I have control issues!). So with plans to keep posting here on the blog daily and creating for manufacturer teams, and other projects (again more on those at a later date), I just didn't have time for everything. I just wanted to take a moment and thank Tracy, Wendi and the team for supporting me for the last 18 months. I've made some great friends (and you'll see some of their work on the blog on the sketch days) and will definitely still be hanging out at Treasures, just not as much as I used to.

So there you have it! It's been a tough few weeks, second guessing decisions, but realizing I cannot do everything and having to make tough choices. My goals for 2008 reflect these decisions too. I need to move forward and to do that I needed to reassess.

And just because I can, here is a card, JUST FOR FUN! No it's not anyones birthday (ok obviously it is SOMEONE'S birthday today just no-one I know!), it is purely made for the heck of it!

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Patterned Paper: DCWV; Alpha Sticker: DCWV; Flower: Prima; Button: Boxer scrapbooks; Other: Ribbon

And you know what? Making something just for the heck of it, and not for a design team requirement or anything FEELS GOOD! Definitely looking forward to more of that feeling!

Oh and while I'm here check out Big Picture Scrapbooking "get a LOAD of this" class! It runs through January and it's FREE! So if you've been thinking about taking a Big Picture class now is the time to sign up and test the waters! I signed up, not sure about a LAYOUT a day. But I'll create SOMETHING each day! Speaking of which I created 6 cards yesterday while Bob fixed my computer! My power supply in my computer fizzled. Literally! with smoke and horrible smell and everything. Seemed to be computer issue day because as soon as Bob sorted one problem there was something else. On the upside the digital store is almost ready!!!

More soon!

hugs

Di

8 comments:

Sosa's Wife December 30, 2007 at 11:24 AM  

Woo hoo!! Glad to see you've got a handle on what direction you want to take for 2008! I am sure you've made the right decision; I too have control issues, but ah... that's just me! LOL! Can't wait to see what's going in the digi store, and thank you for the heads up about the Big Picture freebie class! As always, thank you for the wonderful card sketches!
Elise (aka PS_Sosa)

Beverley Todd December 30, 2007 at 12:33 PM  

Off to look at the BPS class! Thanks for the tip!

Made by Mandy December 30, 2007 at 2:15 PM  

You've got to do what ever makes you feel good to get along in life and sometimes that takes making hard decisions and STICKING BY THEM.

Glad you feel happier with the changes you are making and looking forward to finding out what your secret is.

jo December 30, 2007 at 2:33 PM  

OOOh I wanna know your secret! LOL! Hope it's a good one:D xx

Jolene December 30, 2007 at 4:48 PM  

Still waiting on that big secret, chica. ;^) Glad you feel more in control. HUGS!

It's Just me...Crazy "T" December 30, 2007 at 8:55 PM  

Hey you know I love ya to death gal and even though it just wont be the same at TTS behind the scenes without you I will be there watching you every step of the way and hanging out with ya online.. I am so proud of you and all that you are accomplishing and even more proud to say that you are a part of my life.. You are an awesome friend and an extremely talented artist!!!!
love your gutz!!!
T

Renee' Morris-Dezember December 31, 2007 at 8:44 AM  

You did the right thing :) I can't wait to hear your happy news!

Lynn Anne December 31, 2007 at 8:18 PM  

I just saw you featured on Maria Filosa's blog - did you mention that here and I missed it? Nice profile!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com