More Boxer stamp projects

Thursday, December 27, 2007

After sharing the hot rod in training layout earlier this week, I figured I'd show ya the rest of my projects with the 'start your engines' stamp set. First up is an 8x8 2 page spread. I don't do this size often but I do like the smaller format. Photo's of Bobs old Corvette were a natural choice for this stamp set. The main photo is attached with flip flop fasteners and lifts up to reveal the journaling.


I chose to do 3 cards as part of my projects, and the first is simple yet effective. As my family lives overseas I prefer sending flat cards (with no brads etc for lumpiness) as it's more cost effective. This card meets those criteria nicely! I used the happy birthday sentiment from the calendar stamp set too! The dots on the blue strip are actually the wheels stamps!

Supplies: Boxer green multi dots paper; Boxer Start your engine stamp set; Boxer Calendar Stamps; cardstock by DCWV; sizzix die cut circle frames; JoAnns inks;

This next card utilizes the numbers in the 'start your engines' stamp set! What better way to highlight numbers than on a birthday card! Simply stamp along and emphasize one number with a tag. These felt flowers add a fun touch! Notice the scallops? That's the tire stamps

Supplies: Boxer Plaid paper; Boxer Start your engine stamp set; Boxer Yellow Brads; Making memories metal tag; cardstock by DCWV; Tsukinek inks; Misc Felt flowers;

After playing around with the tire stamps, I decided to take things a step further! Using the polka dot paper I stamped in green on top of each dot, to give this effect. I love it! Yes it took a while but worth it to get the look I wanted. I used the medium wheel on the paper and the larger wheel for the flower center. Again I used the sentiment stamps from the calendar set to finish off the card.


I will admit to taking scissors to th sentiment stamp in the calendar set. Originally the "happy birthday" is stacked and justified to the left. Unfortunately that was going to leave me a gap so I carefully cut the words apart and used them side by side. I love that about the acrylic stamps! So much versatility!

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!

Di

1 comments:

Beverley Todd December 27, 2007 at 2:09 PM  

Oh I love these cards - fabulous ideas to use themed stamps in a different way!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com