Cards cards cards in my spam box!

Friday, December 28, 2007

So, here I sat thinking "oh this sketch team call is going to be easy! I only have about 10 entries to look at" then Beverley told me she'd sent an entry in but I never got it. Anyway long story short I went to my spam box and found Beverley's entry and another 10 entries, and then more came in later! So I sit here with a full inbox, a clear spam box and decisions to make! That's what I get for thinking huh! Hopefully I'll get chance to look at them today. I will say that I already accepted one person because quite frankly I love her work, I was in AWE that she applied and I love her dearly for it! You'll have to wait till the new year to see who it is *wink*

Ok so here is another card I made with Wednesdays Sketch. I have to say that I love this one, it's easy AND it does my favorite thing: it's great for using scraps! Whether its strips of paper or ribbon you really don't need a lot to make a great card with this sketch.

Cardstock: DCWV; Paper: DCWV; Die Cut: Sizzix; Rub-on: JoAnns; Pen: Sharpie; Brad: MM;

Notice how I copied the dotted design for the flower center on the patterned paper onto my flower. This kind of continuity really ties a card together. Although the paper for the envelope liner isn't the same as the paper on the card the colors match so it ties in perfectly.

The papers are from the 6x6 DCWV stack (from *cough*2yearsago*cough*). I have this stack out on my table now at all times (along with the slab from Christina Cole, remember that one?). Hopefully this will force me to USE them! So far it's working, as I've made a couple of cards already with this brown retro floral paper. By my estimations I only have about 60 more cards to make with this little stack to use it all up! That including envelope liners!

What am I up to today? Tutorials! Need to finish up some tutorials for creative Techniques and work on items for "secret project", and go for lunch with friends. Oh and look through the card team entries!

More creative stuff tomorrow!

Di

6 comments:

All That Chit Chat December 28, 2007 at 9:26 AM  

So pretty. esp like that patterned paper

Jolene December 28, 2007 at 10:29 AM  

Gotta love using up that old stuff! Good luck sorting through the entries. I'm sure you have got some great stuff in there!

Lynn Anne December 28, 2007 at 4:20 PM  

Yay Beverly for giving you the heads-up before you'd made your decision already! Love your envie liners ;)

BlogMe

Beverley Todd December 29, 2007 at 2:33 AM  

LOL @ Lynn anne! Thanks for the li'l plug there Di. I guess I better blog this week's challenge card soon then! LOL.
I'm off to start packing up my store today - then a bit of therapy crafting this evening I think!
Have a great day & good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear if they made the sketch team!!

Cathy M December 29, 2007 at 5:39 PM  

Tammy from Track of Light sent me your way to check out your blog. I'm so glad she did. I just love your style and all your inspiring artwork. I love the card, cuz it's so simple and clean cut. Great colors and layout.

Denise January 1, 2008 at 11:08 AM  

Great card sketh Di, mine is here if you fancy popping by:-
http://densbloggers.blogspot.com/2008/01/di-hickman-card-sketch.html

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com