Card Sketch December #4

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Happy post-Christmas day! In the UK (and I think Australia/Canada) it's called Boxing day, and we get another day off! Maybe I'm still feeling that because today I totally just do not want to do anything. Of course it could be something to do with the fact that I didn't get to bed till 1.30 this morning too! Well if YOU want to do something a little creative how about this weeks sketch? As usual the digital template can be downloaded here.


I admit to rushing around this morning finishing off my card and taking photo's. I've gone from being completely organized to disorganized in a matter of days! Holidays do that I guess. In my quest to USE stash this is all products from my supplies!!! Yeah notice the co-ordinating envelope again. Don't seem to be able to stop with this trend.

Supplies: Paper: DCWV; Ribbon: MM; Cardstock: DCWV; Rub-on: JoAnns; Deco scissors & hole punch: Fiskars


I hope to be issuing lots of challenges in the coming new year for using your stash, so keep your eyes peeled for new challenges, new sketches and the latest news in the New Year!!! Also don't forget today is the last day for submissions to the card sketch team, details here.



Cindy opted for digi this week! Love this kit she used. Great use of elements and stitching. Happy New Year everyone!

Digital card by Cindy Gilchrist
Supplies: Digital Papers and Embellishments from "Countdown" by Dani Mogstad, Digital Staples and Stitching by Dani Mogstad.



Another New Year card! Jolene went for glamor and glitz with her card, and it screams FUN! Loving the shimmer and the fun trim!

Card by Jolene Johnston
Supplies: Die Cuts With a View premade glitter card and All Dressed Up papers, StazOn and Ranger Juicy inks, K & Co. bling, Patons fiber, Autumn Leaves stamp, Stickles, Sakura gelly roll pen



Kelli opted for a minimilistic card using a solid background and I love it! Totally how I envisioned the sketch. The brown really pops off the white and the arrows are such a perfect touch! Love it!

Card by Kelli Smith
supply list: Luxe paper, magistical memories arrows, stampin up thank you stamp, stampin up flower punch



Mums card this week. Love how she pulled the colors from the patterned paper, and the Tigger embellishment is adorable! Great card Mum. She also chose to rotate the sketch which with the busy patterned paper works well.

Card by Linda Flinders



I just adore this card from Pearl! The colorful strips against the solid paper just really POP! Isn't that Santa adorable? Again just a great card!!!

Card by Peal Liu
Supply List : Scenic Route Christmas pps, Autumn Leaves Christmas Garden Ribbon & Brad, Anna Griffin Epoxy sticker



As always hook me up in the comments if you do the sketch and I'll come check it out! Look forward to seeing your designs!

More sketches coming soon, and new sketch girls too!!!!

17 comments:

Anonymous,  December 26, 2007 at 3:51 PM  

Thank you! Happy Holidays!

Anonymous,  December 27, 2007 at 2:01 AM  

Fab DT cards - I've done mine, but will have to upload it later - haven't got my camera!!!
Hope everyone had a good Christmas and have a Happy New Year.:)

Unknown December 27, 2007 at 4:02 AM  

Lovely design Di, Just what I need inspiration to get me making a birthday card for my daughters friend, She has just asked me to make one,and she wanted it ASAP,
KIDS
Here is my attempt
http://wendyscraftingtimes.blogspot.com/
Looking forward to more in the New year

Wendy

Inma December 27, 2007 at 4:50 AM  

In Ireland the 26th is called St Stephens and is always a holiday as well. Occasionally depending of how Christmas days falls the 27th is also a holiday, but there is very few people working even during that week as many people take some days of holidays to be off from the 24th to the 2nd or 3rd of January. :)

Many thanks for the new template and for sharing the cards with us. :)

Have a great time celebrating and Happy New Year!!! :O)

Anonymous,  December 27, 2007 at 5:02 AM  

Got my camera and uploaded my card. Here it is:-
http://ellepiggo.blogspot.com/2007/12/love-elsie-zoe-papers.html
Thanks for looking.

Lynn Anne December 27, 2007 at 5:31 AM  

Lovely, & fun to work with, thanks! Dec 27 entry has a card made with this sketch, and the entry before is actually a couple made with previous sketches (an earlier Dec and one from Nov).

BlogMe

Anonymous,  December 27, 2007 at 10:55 AM  

I loved the sketch and it inspired me to start making my thank you cards (I also used sketch 2 for other cards)

They are here http://dollysdreamings.typepad.com/

debby4000 December 28, 2007 at 6:20 AM  

Great sketch,hopefully after a few days not crafting this will get be back on the wagon.
http://debby4000.blogspot.com/2007/12/bump-in-night.html

scrappa jack December 28, 2007 at 7:07 AM  

Lovely sketch. Hope everyone had a nice xmas. Here is mine take.http://scrappajack.blogspot.com/

Samm December 28, 2007 at 7:11 AM  

Hope you had a fabby Christmas!!!

Great cards, here's mine:
by Samm: Di Hickman Dec #4 and DCM Year End


Samm
x

Unknown December 29, 2007 at 7:52 AM  

Brilliant sketch - you are an inspiration Di!
http://craftandwaffle.blogspot.com/
Happy New Year to everyone when it comes.
LOL Lynn xx

Jackie December 29, 2007 at 8:49 AM  

I like this sketch and have just added my card to my blog.
Happy New Year!

Dawn Wheeler December 29, 2007 at 1:01 PM  

Hi gorgeous DT cards ,
this is the first time i have done your sketch ,but i have loved it ,the card is on my blog ready to veiw ,Dawnxxx
have a great 2008 xxx

Beverley Todd December 30, 2007 at 1:13 PM  

Mine's on my blog here: http://craftymoments.blogspot.com/2007/12/another-one-for-di.html

Rachel V. December 31, 2007 at 10:02 PM  

As always, love your sketches. Thanks so much.

Happy 2nd Birthday Card

jo January 1, 2008 at 4:30 AM  

Sorry Di - didn't mange this in time for upload!!

My card is here:
http://jo-again.blogspot.com/2008/01/dis-card-sketch-dec-4.html

Rachel January 4, 2008 at 5:57 AM  

Happy New Year Di, hope you had a great christmas!

I just made 3 cards using this fab sketch, thanks for the inspiration.

love Rach x

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com