Review: UHU envelope sealer

Friday, December 7, 2007

Last month I noticed a new sample on the UHU blog so I applied and waited patiently, knowing I still had a few more holiday card to make, and how I could give this a thorough testing. On the 24th Nov I received my samples and set to work. This blog post will review the UHU Envelope Sealer.


First I'll start off by saying I loved the UHU products I've reviewed in the past, and was looking forward to this sample on the envelope sealer. Unfortunately once I started using it, I hit on a design flaw almost immediately. As you can see the top has a handle, that's basically the "plunger" to push the glue through the stick. Well this works great BUT it doesn't give you anyway of storing the stick when in use other than sideways on the table, which can result in sticky situations. Obviously not designed by someone who crafts!

I had a few cards made up that needed envelopes and so I chose some co-ordinating paper and using my one heart... one mind envelope templates, I traced and cut some envelopes. I assembled the envelopes using the UHU envelope sealer. Then I set about taking the photographs of the projects as usual!

Supplies: Papers: Cosmo Cricket; Rub-ons: Cosmo Cricket: misc: snowflake & gems; adhesive: UHU;

Once photographed I wrote inside the card, picked up the envelope to insert the card and the flaps lifted up. So I picked up the envelope sealer again and reapplied the glue, a little thicker this time and left it for a while before testing the results again. Meanwhile I wrote more cards, then labeled and addressed more envelopes.

Supplies: Papers: Cosmo Cricket; Rub-ons: Cosmo Cricket: misc: snowflake & gems; adhesive: UHU;


Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Paper: Paper pizzazz; Sticker: Target; buttons: misc; Adhesive: UHU;

I came back about 10 minutes later and the envelope was very secure. So I guess a thicker application was needed, going over the area an extra couple of times really made a huge difference.

Now the big question:- would I buy it? Honestly? Probably not. Sorry UHU, I guess just don't see a need for a special envelope glue stick. Yep once it stuck it did stick well, but I really didn't see a huge difference between the envelope glue and the glue stick. In fact I tested both, sticking scraps of paper together and each stuck equally as well. For value for money, I'll stay with the UHU glue stick and UHU tape runner I think...

I know some of my blog readers signed up for a sample so get your reviews done, tell me what you think, hook me up in the comments when you do your review! I still have the photo glue stick to review and a couple of other samples I need to review so keep checking back for my honest opinion.

3 comments:

Rachel December 8, 2007 at 7:20 AM  

I love your reviews Di... I hadn't even heard of this product...

Rach XOOX

Anonymous,  December 26, 2007 at 10:11 AM  

Thanks so much for the review Di. Check out our review of you over at www.mariafilosa.com.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com