The big reveal - I "got flowers!"

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I feel like a magician unveiling a magic act! lol! Anyway, cast your minds back to 30th November 2007 (yes I've been holding onto this THAT long!). I got an email from someone looking for writers for a new manufacturer venture, was I interested? Would I be willing to sign a non-disclosure to hear more details? Well DUH! I signed, and after seeing the opportunity I grasped it with both hands.

The next 6 weeks thereafter, I have been on a permanent high. I've hinted it was something big, and I wasn't kidding. You see, that manufacturer was Prima and the new venture is Prima Hybrid! A brand new site with a brand new innovative outlook on scrapbooking! Something for everyone, whether traditional, digital or hybrid, just like our ad said "you can have your cake and eat it too"!!!

Prima Marketing Inc., an industry-leading manufacturer of unique flower accents and scrapbooking materials, is about to set another trend – products that seamlessly build a bridge between traditional paper and digital scrapbooking. PrimaHybrid.com will launch on January 15, 2008, offering exclusive hybrid scrapbooking products, projects and resources that will appeal to both traditional scrapbookers and digital scrapbookers.

The foundation for PrimaHybrid.com is already in place, set to provide the hybrid scrapbooker with a variety of resources to create meaningful hybrid projects:

• Products that instantly coordinate to combine paper and digital product lines
• Step-by-step hybrid scrapbooking project examples
• Inspiring articles to help the digital scrapbooker to visualize how digital "translates" into traditional paper projects
• Tutorials to help the traditional scrapbooker cut the learning curve into learning about digital scrapbooking techniques
• A weekly newsletter to showcase newest trends and tips, such as “A Step by Step Guide to Your First Hybrid Project”

The site will also offer complete digital kits and elements created by leading digital artists such as Gina Miller, Weeds & Wildflowers Designs, Meredith Fenwick, Iron Orchid Designs (IOD), Carrie Stephens, Corinna Nielson, Dianne Rigdon, Nancy Kubo, Trish Jones, Kim Christensen, Vera Lim and Doris Castle. One of the first offerings available in the shoppe is a collaborative kit, called “First Blush” featuring creations by each of the artists.

All of you know I've been thoroughly embracing hybrid scrapbooking for a while now (even before I knew what it was!), and being selected to be on this team is like a dream come true. Me, a flowergirl! Along with fellow flowergirls: Amy Martin, Corinna Stevens, Jessica Gordon, Julie Ann Shahin, Cathy Pascual, Danielle Flanders, Melinda Staley, Denise Doupnik, Cindy Gilchrist, Kristen Tilley, Indah Permata Sari, Jamie Brewer, Andrea Gourley, Angel Hartline, Patty Debowski, Jenn Vogel, and Saxon Holt. (notice a couple of card sketch girls in there!!!)


Oh and it doesn't stop there... the news gets better! I'm the design team leader!!! To say I'm excited would be a severe understatement. Hybrid is really something I believe is the wave of the future, as it unites both traditional and digital scrapbookers. So, to be asked to lead up the creative team is just an amazing honor! I told you this was BIG!

Anyway, here are a couple of cards with the new "first blush" Collaboration kit from Prima Hybrid. It's PACKED SOLID with BEAUTIFUL patterned papers and embellishments. You'll remember this design from my sketch earlier this month.

Digital elements from the "Firsts" Collab kit! - Wordart: Doris Castle; Blue paper: Gina Miller; Ribbon: Dianne Rigdon; font: Bickham Script Pro; Traditional elements: Prima flower #170547; Brad: MM;

Another card using an old sketch of mine, but I just LOVE this design, always have. Can you see the texture in this paper? Prints out BEAUTIFULLY (especially on my new Epson RX680 printer! that thing ROCKS). I have to say I ADORE this blue patterned paper by Dianne Rigdon. Just resized it to fit the card and it just fills that space beautifully!

Digital elements from the "Firsts" Collab kit! - Blue paper: Dianne Rigdon; Pink paper: Corrina Nielsen; font: Bickham Script Pro; Traditional elements: Prima flower #170547; Brad: MM; Cardstock: Bazzill;

I've made a mini album and card too but can't share those till February as they are being published in Scrapstreet February edition. For more inspiring projects using this kit, don't forget to check out the Prima Hybrd Collaboration Kit gallery! The flowergirls have gone WILD! Also stop by the forums and take part in our first challenge, a prize drawing where you can win a copy of Scrapbook dimensions magazine. We'll be having weekly contests too, with prizes!

There are LOTS of things planned for Prima Hybrid, some of which has to stay a secret until CHA in February, but rest assured whether you are a paste eater (paper scrapper) or a pixel diva (digital) Prima Hybrid has something for YOU!

So come on and check us out!

Also don't forget to sign up for the newsletter!!!

Di

31 comments:

~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ January 15, 2008 at 7:54 AM  

WOW DI! THAT is BIG alright!!! I had been stalking your blog all morning to see what was going on! I am so EXCITED for you! You go girl!

Don't you forget us little ones over here, now, you hear?! :)

I can't wait to see and hear more about this venture!

CONGRATS!!!!

~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ January 15, 2008 at 7:55 AM  

WOW DI! THAT is BIG alright!!! I had been stalking your blog all morning to see what was going on! I am so EXCITED for you! You go girl!

Don't you forget us little ones over here, now, you hear?! :)

I can't wait to see and hear more about this venture!

CONGRATS!!!!

Unknown January 15, 2008 at 8:28 AM  

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS DI! WELL DESERVED!

I'm off for a peek at the PrimaHybrid site now!

Rosie
xxx

jan williams January 15, 2008 at 8:44 AM  

How exciting!!!! You Rock Woman!!!
I knew you were up to Great things!!!

Annie January 15, 2008 at 9:04 AM  

Congratulations! that is certainly a Biggy! love your cards and look forward to seeing more.

Unknown January 15, 2008 at 9:07 AM  

Hi. Congrats on your Prima Hybrid spot. Found your blog from your comment on my welcome post. Yes, not to far from you here in N Ireland. Looking forward to seeing all the goodies you are going to inspire us with.

Lynn Anne January 15, 2008 at 9:14 AM  

Well HOW excited am I that I promised myself digi software this payday (that would be TODAY)! Super timing on my part, eh?? lol!

Congrats Di, sounds like a PERFECT gig for you! Enjoy it and create your head off!

BlogMe

Unknown January 15, 2008 at 10:47 AM  

Di!!! That's awesome!!!
A HUGE congrats to you!!!

Emma January 15, 2008 at 10:53 AM  

Di!! This is so awesome and well deserved a big congrats to you and the rest of the team.

Made by Mandy January 15, 2008 at 11:12 AM  

Bloody Hell Di, that is MASSIVE ! I a so very pleased for you, how an earth you kept that to yourself amazes me.

Congratulations, you deserve this success so much.

Jolene January 15, 2008 at 11:46 AM  

HUGE CONGRATS, DI!! This is such an amazing honor for you. Way to go.

Susie Little January 15, 2008 at 1:23 PM  

FANTASTIC news Di....
well done!

jo January 15, 2008 at 1:31 PM  

Woo-hoo!!!! Way to go Di!!!:D

Cards of Maria January 15, 2008 at 3:14 PM  

Congrats to you =0) It sounds like alota fun =0)
/Maria

Dianne Rigdon January 15, 2008 at 6:37 PM  

Di! WE are so blessed to have you and what a fabulous write up! Thank you so much for everything.

Signed
- T.O.D.(The Other Di)

Anonymous,  January 16, 2008 at 2:43 AM  

Congratulations!!! That looks like a terrific project to be involved and it's definitely different and new in the digital scrapbooking world, at least in such a big way. I'm sure it's also a fantastic way for traditional scrappers to get acquainted with digital too. :)

Best of luck and best wishes with your new project. :O)

PS the card is also fantastic, I love the curve in the second one and the flowers in both. :)

Unknown January 16, 2008 at 4:50 AM  

So many congratulations! You deserve it. Lol x

Pearl January 16, 2008 at 5:11 AM  

Wow ! Awesome gig, Di !

well done indeed ! Looking forward to seeing the Prima Hybrid products !

artfulstampin January 16, 2008 at 5:57 AM  

Wow, congrats di!

The whole Hybrid idea sounds really interesting, its great to see traditional forms being pushed and changed by new technology and inovation. Very Exciting!

you've inspired me!

Chrys January 16, 2008 at 6:06 AM  

Wow!!!!!! Congrats Di!!!!!!! That is awesome!!!!!!!

Unknown January 16, 2008 at 7:35 AM  

Congrats Di! That is so exciting!

Raechelle Bellus January 16, 2008 at 8:47 AM  

DI! HUGE Congrats!!!! What a fantastic honor! Well deserved. :)
Rae

Anonymous,  January 16, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

Well done and CONGRATULATIONS!! :) Looking forward to seeing the products. :)
Vanessa.

Anonymous,  January 16, 2008 at 9:13 AM  

Wow, Di! Congratulations! No wonder you were like the cat who ate the canary! I'm VERY happy for you!

Sosa's Wife January 16, 2008 at 10:54 AM  

OMG!! Congratulations!! I'm so totally excited for you! That is HUGE news! I'd better run over there and check it out! Finally Prima has jumped on the right train for us digi girls! Woo hoo!! You rock girlie! What a year for you huh? Just full of surprises and new ventures!
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Deborah January 16, 2008 at 11:14 AM  

Congrats! I will definitely be checking this out - I've never done any hybrid scrapping before, so I'm interested to explore it!

Anonymous,  May 26, 2008 at 2:21 PM  

How exciting! Congratulations. I am sure you will do well, and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Swedie

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com