Sharing: Scrapstreet Dec pub's

Saturday, January 5, 2008


Just some projects I had in Decembers Scrapstreet ezine, that I can finally share. The December mag was packed with layout and cards. December was a bittersweet month for me at Scrapstreet. I'd already decided to step down from the digital team, and December would be my last issue contributing to the 'pixel place' article as part of the digi team. I made this card below with the free December kit. The kit totally ROCKED you definitely need to check it out!

Supplies: Christmas Cheer digital kit by Michelle Boeckermann, Cardstock: Die Cuts With a View, Brads: Joanns.

As always I host the card corner column, can't stop doing that you all know I love cards! Here are two I contributed to the column this month! I got busy with the Boxer products for some holiday cards this year and whipped up this one! Loving eyelets lately, on a one woman mission to bring back eyelets! Also this fabric tag has been in my stash WAY too long. Got it from Walmart a long time ago! Glad to finally use that up, it goes well with the card I thought.

Supplies: Cardstock: Die Cuts With a View, Paper, Eyelets: Boxer Scrapbooks, Fabric tag: Colorbox.

One of the holiday cards I did back in October when I was on my Reminisce party! lol! I love this color combo for holiday cards. Pink is such an unusual color for these cards that I really feel they stand out. And who doesn't like a little bling?

Supplies: Cardstock: Die Cuts With a View, Paper: Reminisce, Rub-on: Die Cuts With a View, Tag: Target.

The showroom sponsor for December was EK success with their Art Blanche letters. I was so happy mine was a "d" when it arrived in the mail! Though technically I guess it could be a 'b' or a 'p'. Anyway initially I was a little worried as I'd never altered something so big, these baby's are like 18" high!!! Anyway I remembered these papers from Kelly Panacci which I thought would work great. Did them in a kinda patchwork quilt look, as one sheet wouldn't cover it, add some embellishments, ribbon and ink, then call it done! This is gonna hang in my scraproom once I figure a place to put it (once I get my whiteboard and calendar up!), maybe on my door?

Supplies: Letter: EK success, Paper: Kelly Panacci, Stickers: Kelly Panacci, Ribbon: one heart...One mind, May Arts.

Digital layout for the pet park. Love this column each month for pet layout idea's! I've noticed I'm doing this more and more: putting photo's in the bottom right corner. Should try and mix it up a little more!

Supplies: Digital kit: Funky Christmas by Shelle Pukas Designs, Stitching: Shelle Pukas Designs, Font: Wonderful Wendy.

December also brought about news to Dora that I would be quitting the hybrid column. I've done the hybrid column there for six months and loved it, regular readers will know I love using my computer for my craft projects and merging digital and traditional. But all good things must come to an end and all that so here are my final hybrid projects for Scrapstreet's "crossroads cafe" column.

Supplies: Cardstock: Die Cuts With a View, Paper: Christmas digital kit by Michelle Boeckermann for Scrapstreet.com, Sticker: Target, Rub-ons: Die Cuts With a View, Doodlebug, Die cut: Sizzix.

Supplies: Cardstock: Die Cuts With a View, Paper: one heart... one mind, Digital Papers: Vintage Christmas by Di Hickman for treasurestoscrap.com, Metal embellishments: one heart... one mind, Font(s): Bickham Script Pro.
And there we have it, December Scrapstreet publications in a nutshell! The new January issue is up now which you should definitely check out! Especially the March calls for publication, which you can find here. Remember to submit those Easter/Spring cards, who knows, you could get an email from me requesting one!!!

More projects soon!

Di

5 comments:

Monique January 5, 2008 at 12:25 PM  

Wow those are great cards! Thanks for the inspiration, have a great weekend!

SAR girls January 5, 2008 at 2:02 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jolene January 5, 2008 at 2:04 PM  

I especially love the altered letter. Don't forget to show us what it looks like once you hang it up. Great work, Di!

Jeanne January 5, 2008 at 4:18 PM  

I have been following your blog for a little while and have been quite impressed with all that you are able to accomplish! You are quite the artist! Thanks so much for sharing.

I'd also like to let you know that I have been trying to contact you for several days regarding an order I placed on your website. It seems that maybe my emails are not getting to you because I've not received a response.

Could you please email me at jtomshack at gmail dot com? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Beverley Todd January 5, 2008 at 4:25 PM  

Fab stuff Di - you reminded me that I have a completely untouched pack of that Kelly Panacci range - so gorgeous, maybe I'll use it soon.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com