Round Up - December

Friday, January 4, 2008

Sharing some layouts done the last couple of days as I combine design team duties for EDS (using digital kits by Melothria) and the LOAD challenge from big picture. Seem to be in a digital layout phase. Weird how that happens. Anyway the first layout is my LOAD from the 2nd Jan, featuring an old photo of my grandparents. Took some time to get there, but I am really happy with how this one turned out.

"and then it was winter" Digital kit by Melothria at Digital Arts Cafe

Next up is a layout inspired by Ali Edwards challenge to pick one word for the year. Last year my word was focus. And even though I wanted to pick it again I went another direction and chose "growth". This year I want to concentrate on getting the garden 'done'. Plus it also ties into personal and professional growth, so it's all good! This one I did on the 3rd January. I would say I love digital for getting layouts done quick, but these layouts both seemed to take ages! Such is the creative mojo some days!

"recipe for happiness" Digital kit by Melothria at Digital Arts Cafe

Lots of things going on, busy busy! Trying to get the emails out this weekend for the new card team members, plus keep my LOAD going! Lots of work to do on my site, and paper galore!




And because I have to so I can remember stuff that happens, here is my round up of the month of December. If you don't know the rules pop by Katie's blog!


Round up
What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

Still rereading all my old mags. I got the Jan Creating Keepsakes and have been digesting that. Oh and the winter issue of Scrapbook dimensions magazine.


What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?

We went to see "I am Legend" which I thoroughly enjoyed. Also in December we canceled our cable this month! Big decision BUT we just weren't watching enough TV to warrant to cost. We worked out that we literally watched 3-4 hours a week, and for $40 a month that's just not worth it. So bye bye cable. We'll get an antennae to get the basic local channels and that's it.


What special days did I celebrate and how?

My Birthday! For which I got my
Oly! We've been bonding since *smile*. Went out for a meal with friends. Other than that of course is Christmas this month which we went out to friends for the first time. Usually we stay home. It was good fun, totally enjoyed it!

What gifts did I give and/or receive?

Did I mention
Oly? probably once or twice huh? Well I can't help it, I'm in love! I also received a printed this month, which I have been putting it's paces. Tried all the features except the CD/DVD printing. Gotta say I am LOVING it so far! Full review to come very soon. Oh I got a beautiful sweater from friends which I need to find a decent shirt to wear underneath it. Who am I kidding? I need new clothes period! Another one of my new years goals is to start buying clothes each month, I detest clothes shopping so not looking forward to that! Also in the mail in December was some doodlebug glitter from Nancy (love that girl! she keeps trying to make me girly bless her heart!). I got a book, which I'll share more about later this month once I've read it, looks cool though.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Other than the cold weather giving me a runny nose on occasion? Nothing really! Of course now I have probably jinxed myself and I'll get flu or something. *sigh*

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?

Lots of eating out. Fun stuff with Karaoke, rock band and shopping. Bob and I were real social butterflies this month. Maybe it was the lack of TV? But we've been doing a lot more this month. Time of year I guess too! Nikki was over from India so we had lots of trips out eating and shopping. Oh and Jan was over from England visiting her brother Chris so we had outings with them too!

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?

Went to Nirvana, in Irvine. Good buffet with Indian and some Chinese food. Nikki was over from India and cooked up some DELICIOUS food! We seriously considered kidnapping her and locking her in our house but loved her too much.


What special or unusual purchases did I make?

Hmm lets see, Oly obviously, and we bought the PS3 this month, and Rock Band. Bob got some other games for the PS3 but mostly that was about it for purchases.


What were this month's disappointments?

Gautam moved! He's living in Irvine now which is a 2 hour drive away! :( Mostly December was a month of change. Not necessarily disappointments but more unsettled. Lots of news that I can't share (soon people soon!), and lots of doubting myself in my decisions.


What were my accomplishments this month?

Lots of things this month. Few things picked up for publication. Got my digital store up and running! The Secret as mentioned above, and basically stepping back and realizing that I need to change things, and making those changes. That in itself is a HUGE factor for me!


Anything else noteworthy to record?
It was New Years eve! Totally not sure if that should go on Dec or Jan as it fell on the border of the months. I'll shove it on December. We went out to Darrell's. Mostly because we keep saying we'll go to his parties and something else always comes up (especially Bobs work, usually crunch time) but also because other people were out of town hehehe. Took Orn along with us and had fun! We drank, got merry and chatted a lot! Saw the New Year in playing arcade games and pinballs. Got to bed around 2am, happy and totally ready for2008!

More creative stuff to come!

Di

4 comments:

Lynn Anne January 4, 2008 at 11:14 AM  

Wow, round up sounds like a great thing to have by the end of the year...i can never do a year in review because who remembers by then?? I could go through pics to remember things but MAN I have so many of those by December...it would take me till june to get through them!

Anonymous,  January 4, 2008 at 1:12 PM  

Good round up and to know I might get an email this weekend is making my knees knock now :-/
Happy New Year Di xx

Beverley Todd January 4, 2008 at 3:38 PM  

Oooh, Yes please - I'd like an e-mail too! LOL
Seriously tho' have faith in those decisions that you made - it'll be fine ;o)
Off to upload to LOAD - day 4 & I've not missed one yet! LOL

Murphy's Law January 4, 2008 at 4:13 PM  

daaaaaaaaaaaang! you were busy. love the round up and the lo's. awesome. i'm still th inking about my ali word. gotta move on from last year. *snort*

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com