a little hobby lobby love!

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Where the heck did yesterday go? I got amazingly productive in the morning because our internet was down. Seriously, take ANYTHING but do not mess with my internet! As a result though I got a lot done in the house, and even got ALL the card sketches done for January. When I did get online I discovered a digital store glitch with the freebies, which I fixed! (yay) so if you were going to download the January layout Diagram, try again (you'll have to check out again but it all works now). I really wanted to sort the new card team additions out yesterday too, but the day just got away from me and I couldn't even blame the internet!!! I got lots achieved though which is good!

So last year I got a card picked up for publication for Hobby Lobby idea magazine.I got my complimentary copy in the mail in December and thought I'd share it with you. It was the first time seeing the magazine as we don't have Hobby Lobby stores out here so it was cool seeing the mag that my scrapping friends had been talking about for ages.


The card is based on a sketch I did AGES ago, then repeated for the sketch-versary last November. In fact it was the very card I did from that sketch in 2006! How cool is that? Very first card sketch on the blog and the card gets published.

Is anyone else struggling with the days this week? I know Bob went back to work yesterday and yet he breaks up tomorrow for the weekend? Just odd. I feel out of sorts, can't wait to get back into my 'normal' routine. I'm seriously behind on emails, which I apologize for but I will catch up in the next day or two! Crazy times!

More tomorrow!

Di

7 comments:

Jolene January 3, 2008 at 1:03 PM  

Congrats on the pub! I have 2 cards in this issue, too! :^)

Unknown January 3, 2008 at 1:32 PM  

Congratulations on getting published again Di! Whoo you!!

Ginny January 3, 2008 at 2:26 PM  

Yep my week is all screwed up. My kids went back to school today, but they don't go back to dance till Monday. I keep thinking it is the weekend, lol. Congrats on being pubbed! I have never seen that mag either :)

Beverley Todd January 3, 2008 at 3:19 PM  

No Hobby Lobby in the UK either! LOL
My li'l lad doesn't go back to school 'til Monday - so my week is out of sorts too.
Congrats on the pub - we never get tired of seeing our names in print do we? LOL

Nancywithajones January 3, 2008 at 6:40 PM  

yAAYYYYYY we are in there togetherrrr finalllyyyyyy in the same mag! WHEHEHEHWWWWWWWWWWW

Sosa's Wife January 4, 2008 at 6:45 AM  

How cool is that?? OMG!! I'm going to have to run to my HL and purchase a copy and send it to you for you to sign!! And I didn't know Nancy was pub'd too! Then I'll have to send it to her too to have it signed! OMG! Thanks for letting us know! Congratulations!! (I had personally stopped getting them when they no longer offered them free with a $10 purchase, but this issue is definitely worth the $1.99!)

Lynn Anne January 4, 2008 at 6:52 AM  

congrats!

now tell me..since you also live in no-hobby-lobby land...did you research which brands they carry before sending your project in? I had a project accepted a year or so ago and was so happy...it included products from a mfr DT I'd just joined and I thought yay, I'm earning my keep!...then they returned it (with a consolation copy of the mag at least :) ) they said there were no hobby lobby brands used in it :( I haven't gotten back to poking around to see what they carry that I work with! Nice looking publication!

BlogMe

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com