Card Sketch February #1

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy Wednesday morning! Another Wednesday another card sketch! Remember the embellishments are just a suggestion, either go with a heart or something else. You don't have to stick the sketch exactly. As always the digital template is available for download in my store, and remember to check out the other templates I have in the store too!


I have to say that this is one I struggled with, until I decided to go hybrid. This is the one sweet day kit by Corinna Neilsen at Prima Hybrid and I just can't stop using it. Although this is the first time I used the floral paper and frame. Just love the color scheme. Anyway I struggled trying to get the sketch to work with some paper supplies, then just went digital/hybrid and was done 20 minutes later! Go figure! Some days are just digi days I guess!

"with love" hybrid card by Di Hickman
Supplies: Corinna Neilsen "one sweet day" digital kit from Prima Hybrid; Heidi Swapp chipboard heart; Heidi Grace pin; font: Harrington




Now some of the sketch girls said they struggled with this one too. Tricky how that works out. Yet other sketches you think will be hard, come together so simply! Anyway the girls rocked it this week! If you're looking for inspiration for Valentine cards then you're in for a treat, plus a few other themes thrown into the mix! Enjoy!

"True Love" Card by Raechelle Bellus
Supplies: pp, die cuts and felt: Fancy Pants Designs; chipboard: Maya Road; Glimmer Mist; Plaid Paint; pin from cradt store



"Cherish" Card by Kim Hughes
Supplies: Patterned Paper; My Mind's Eye, Dream Street, Cosmo Cricket. Card Stock; Prism, Button; Autumn Leaves, Ribbon; Beaux Regards, Die Cut Tag; Fancy Pants, Ghost Heart; Heidi Swapp, Paper Piercer; Making Memories, Template; Crafter's Workshop, Flower; Prima, Other: Jute



"with all my heart" Card by Samm Livett
Supplies: My Minds Eye papers, bazzill and ric rac from the Out & About kit at the Scrummy Stash Cafe, printed sentiment die cut from My Minds Eye, velvet heart cut from Queen & Co felt fusion and brushed corduroy distress ink from Tim Holtz.



"Love U" Card by Kelli Smith
Supplies:: paper- KI memories unconditional collection, three bugs in a rug letter stickers, SR flower



"Love" Card by Chrys Rose
Supplies: My Mind's Eye pattern paper, Heidi Swapp heart mask, Making Memories rub on, Colorbox ink.



"love" Card by Jo Willis
Supplies: Papermill card, MME Wild Asparagus papers, Colorbox chalk ink, chipboard heart, Ranger crackle paint, various ribbons, Studio G sentiment stamp, Creative Beginnings embossing powder.



"winged heart" Card by Jan Tatomir
Supplies: Paper: Crate, DCWV; Grungeboard: Tim Holtz; Ink: Ranger Distress ink; Embossing Powder: Mark Enterprises;



"thanks so much" Card by Natalie Dever
Supplies: Patterned Paper and tag: Jenni Bowlin; Stamps: Papertrey Ink; Ink: Versafine; Ric Rac: Unknown



"forever" hybrid card by Cindy Gilchrist
Supplies: Vintage Love Digital Kit by Corina Nielsen, Fancy Heart Notes by Corina Nielsen (both available at PrimaHybrid.com); Black Cardstock, Making Memories Brad, Ribbon by JoAnn's, Ultimate Stitches (Digital) by Dani Mogstad, Colorbox Chalk Ink.



"heart" Card by Liz Davidson
Supplies: card: Papermill; patterned paper: DCWV; stamp: Inque Boutique; twinkling H2O’s; chalk ink; zig pen;



"heart" Card by Annette Taylor
Supplies: Doodlebug Paper Frills, Patterned Paper – Craftwork Cards, Cuttlebugged heart, Papermania brads, Heidi Swapp crystals, Ranger paint and Colorbox Ink



"love me" Card by Rosemary Guthrie
Supplies: SEI Hippie Chick; Red paper - English Paper Company. Heart - Sizzix diecut. Self adhesive gold paper.



"love anniversary" Card by Kristin Shlulz
Supplies: DCWV Embossed card, acrylic paints, Staz-On ink, Misc ribbon, $1 spot stamp, Ranger Glossy Accents



"heart" Card by Jolene Johnston
Supplies: Die Cuts With a View premade card, My Mind's Eye papers, Colorbox chalk ink, machine stitching, Tim Holtz grungeboard heart, Marvy Uchida scallop circle punch, Ranger Stickles, Stampendous crystal glitter, Basic Grey precision files, WorldWin cardstock and ruche paper



"love" Card by Ruth Trice
Supplies: PP by TLC, Maria DeMarco, HOTP and others from stash. Stamps by HOTP, Anna Griffin and Autumn Leaves, flowers by Prima, crystal from stash.



"all you need is love" Card by Liz Davidson
Supplies: paper: Junkitz, chatterbox; Zig pen; acrylic gems: Paper chase; stamp: Inque Boutique; Twinkling H2O’s; sakura glaze pens.



"cultivate love" Card by Wendy McGlinchey
Supplies: DCWV patterned papers, wite card, pink card. Copic pens, Pink Gel pen, pink stain ribbon and Serendipity Cling Heart Topiary Stamp Set.



"orange floral" Card by Kelly Nelson
Supplies: Bazzill and plain white Cardstock, Heidi Grace pp, Heidi Swapp flower, brad and stampin up ink



"thinking of you" Card by Lynn Anne Cutler
Supplies: Hamsa Mazel stamp by Ruth’s Jewish Stamps; background stamp by Hampton Art Stamps; markers and inks by Stampin’ up!; Stickles glitter glue by Ranger; patterned paper by Scenic Route (Loveland); AdTech Permanent Bond Glue Runner; Rub-on sentiment by TLC; cardstock.



"friendship" Card by Pearl Liu
Supplies: SEI Kitt's Place pp; Bazzill Cardstock; Heidi Swapp Glossy Chipboard hearts;



"love" Card by Beverley Todd
Supplies: Cardstock: SU!; Papers and heart die cuts: Fancy Pants; Tag rim: Making Memories; Gems and stitches stamp: A Muse; Rub on: HOTP; Retro flower punch: EK Success; Black ink pad: Ancient Page; Scrap of lace: from stash; Black and pink fine liners, sanding pad.



"60 today" Card by Linda Flinders



As usual if you create a card with the sketch, hook me up with a link in the comments as I love to come check them out!

More soon!

Di

21 comments:

Raechelle Bellus February 6, 2008 at 11:08 AM  

Stunning work girls! I would have never guessed any of you struggled!

Made by Mandy February 6, 2008 at 12:00 PM  

I´m on holiday in Tenerife at the moment but when I get back I know EXACTLY what I will be doing with this template, what paper to use and everything !

Great template and see you soon

Susie Little February 6, 2008 at 1:54 PM  

Hello Di,

Been so busy with work I'm have to play catch up here'e my cards for the last 3.........

http://whiteribboncards.blogspot.com/2008/02/caardvarks-lovefest.html

Susie xx

Deanne Clarke February 6, 2008 at 3:43 PM  

Here's my card for this sketch:

http://a-scrapaddict.blogspot.com/2008/02/i-love-you-alwayscard.html


As usual, great card, ladies!!!

Lynn Anne February 7, 2008 at 4:49 AM  

Too funny...I almost went digi just for the stitched-background part of this one (knew I wanted to use the hamsa!) till I saw the background stamp and decided to use that instead...guess I should say I almost went 'hybrid' :)

BlogMe

Annie February 7, 2008 at 8:27 AM  

so many wonderful cards by the team! My little version is on my blog at http://inknrubba.blogspot.com/2008/02/di-hickman-card-sketch-feb-1.html

Looby February 7, 2008 at 8:54 AM  

truly AMAZING DT cards this week girls!!
My effort is here:

http://scraphappylou.blogspot.com/2008/02/di-hickman-feb-1.html

Lou xx

Liz February 7, 2008 at 2:35 PM  

I love this sketch Di! I didn't struggle at all and knew exactly what I wanted to do as soon as I saw it, a very rare thing for me lol.

Check out my card here...

http://the-crimson-moon.blogspot.com/2008/02/di-hickmans-card-sketch-february-1.html

Liz x

Anonymous,  February 7, 2008 at 2:46 PM  

Gald to hear some of the other girls struggled a bit too! :)

Love teh different variations - and now I see them, it's like "ohhh, yeah!"

MelissaS February 7, 2008 at 4:20 PM  

Glad I'm not the only one with struggles! This is my first attempt at sewing on a card, and I hope next time is better. A fun sketch, though. See the second card on this post:
http://whatdoyouink.blogspot.com/2008/02/and-then-there-was-light.html

debby4000 February 9, 2008 at 12:34 AM  

Absolutely fab cards from the DT.
Here's mine
http://debby4000.blogspot.com/2008/02/and-winner-is-me.html

Unknown February 9, 2008 at 2:44 AM  

WOW what amazing cards. Mine is on my BLOG. Lol Lynn x

scrappa jack February 9, 2008 at 3:17 PM  

Great work team.
Her is mine.
http://scrappajack.blogspot.com/

Fab February 9, 2008 at 3:26 PM  

I love everybody's work, mine is a bit late but I just couldn't figure out what to use and that fairy landed on my shoulder and inspired me ! LOL

http://craftingmad.blogspot.com/2008/02/di-hickman-february-sketch-1.html

Jane (Carroll's Creations) February 10, 2008 at 2:45 AM  

great sketch = here's mine


jane x

http://carrollscreations.blogspot.com/2008/02/di-hickman-sketch-06-02-08.html

Kim Costello February 11, 2008 at 3:47 AM  

Great sketch Di, find mine on my blog
http://paperbabe.blogspot.com/

Some great dt cards, very inspiring!

Anonymous,  February 13, 2008 at 3:43 AM  

I feel like I struggled a bit with this one, too. But maybe because I was making a masculine card, which isn't as much fun as one with lots of frou-frous. But, it's always fun to play along. Thanks for the sketch for to the DT for the great samples.
http://www.createmykeepsake.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=29350&cat=500&ppuser=1665

Made by Mandy February 13, 2008 at 8:24 AM  

Hi Di

My card can be found on my blog, and It came out just as I planned it.

http://amandacruxton.blogspot.com/2008/02/pauls-valentine.html

Hope you enjoyed CHA

Rachel February 29, 2008 at 5:29 AM  

great sketch and cards from the DT. mine is now available on my blog "dare to sew", thanks for looking xx

Anonymous,  February 29, 2008 at 3:25 PM  

I finally made my card for this great sketch. Care to see it? http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/831760?cat=500&ppuser=87307

Have a good weekend - Regina Davis

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com