Introducing Tutorial Tuesday!

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I'm trying to decide on the new schedule of things, like everything I have planned for the blog and when to post certain things. Trying to give the blog a little cohesiveness if you will, and keeping me on a schedule of sorts. I like the Wednesday Sketch, it's always been Wednesdays, like for over a year now, so I'm not changing that. But the rest of the things I have planned I'm kinda going with a theme, Friday Freebies, and now Tutorial Tuesdays.

I've had a few requests lately for all kinds of tutorials, from simple beginners paper projects, to digital, hybrid, blogging and more! So every Tuesday there will something along the lines of a tutorial on the blog, using the aforementioned subjects it could be scrapbooking, digital, hybrid, altered, cards, stamping, or bloggin. Naturally for scrapbookers when you think Tuesday, you think Technique Tuesday, but that one was already taken *wink* and rightly so, love their stamps! So here is the first Tutorial Tuesday! Nice simple beginner tutorial to get us all started!

Today is a simple step by step for creating Valentine chocolate bar wrappers from you paper supplies. Think how cute these would be for a child's school, with each child receiving on with their name on!

Step 1 - gather supplies. You'll need scrapbook papers, ribbon, and embellishments. You can make these as simple or as complex as you choose really! And obviously you'll need chocolate bars!


Step 2 - Take the wrapper off the chocolate bar and use it as a template to cut your patterned paper. Wrap around chocolate bar, apply adhesive to overlapping edge and seal. You want a good secure wrapper, so make sure it's tight.



Step 3 - Add embellishments of your choice. I chose these die cut stickers, kissing two back to back for a simple die cut tag. Added the rub-on word "love" and threaded some ribbon through it.


Step 4 - The "true" acrylic charm is simply threaded through the ribbon on a metal jump ring. Obviously you could make this much more embellished, add some stamping, some techniques, this is just a prompt to get you started!

Supplies: Paper: DCWV; Stickers: Heidi Grace: Ribbon: Offray; Rub-ons: Paperbilities; Charm: JoAnns

So there we have it, personalized chocolate wrappers! If you do get inspired to create your own, remember to link me up in the comments! I love to come check out your creations (I am behind on comments right now, bear with me, I am catching up!)

Naturally you could do this hybrid too! Simply printing off some digital paper. If you are digital/hybrid remember to check out the Prima Hybrid site where Iron Orchid Designs have a candy wrapper freebie in the store!


Simply print it off, wrap it round some chocolate and call it done (or add more embellishments!). You get two in the pack, one pre-printed with a lovely love note, and one blank for your own personalized love notes. Not sure how much longer this will be in the store for so go snap it up!

More coming soon!

Di

2 comments:

Beverley Todd February 6, 2008 at 2:20 AM  

great idea Di! might have to try this one myself!

Unknown February 7, 2008 at 4:24 PM  

I loved ! Romantic and sweet idea !
Thanks for the inspiration !
Greeting from Brazil ! :o)

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com