hodge podge post

Monday, February 4, 2008

Sorry for not posting yesterday, I got totally engrossed in making some projects for Boxer for the upcoming CHA trade show. Over the weekend I made 6 cards, 2 layouts and mini album! Total creative overdrive! Today I finished up an article for Spring and have lots more to work on this week, but definitely having a case of the Monday morning (and afternoon and evening) BLAHs. As a result this is a modge podge post of lots of random stuff as I try to get back on track!

Firstly the winner of the February issue of Memory Makers Magazine is.......


Jackie, with her comment:
Congrats on your published Layouts...
I have been with my husband for 35 years..wow....I love him cuz he has stuck with me thru the good and the bad times :)
Email me your mailing address Jackie and I'll get this in the mail asap!


Ok next up is some new products in the digital store! I put this printable template in the store today. It's an envelope the size of a seed packet, approx 3" wide x 4.5" high when assembled. I've been on a total hybrid kick since starting at Prima Hybrid and that's rubbing off on my digital designing too! This could be used for cards, gift cards, seeds, or small gifts! Possibilities are endless.


Of course I had to have a little play today, to test it *wink*. The digital papers here will be in a kit soon don't worry, I'll post on the blog once I release it. Need to get finishing a few more papers and elements first. Anyway digital paper, Rolodex and ribbon, paired with stickers and badge for a little seed packet...

Supplies: Digital supplies by Me (coming soon); Alpha stickers: DCWV; button-badge: All My Memories;

Also new in the store is this digital Dialogue stamp pack. The pack comes with 2 duplicate sets of stamps, in clean and grunge styles (kinda like a rub-on). The circle is approx 5" across but easily resized to suit your layout. You can find this set in the store. I'm working on the Alpha pack to go with it, should be in the store later this week! (sample layout coming soon!)



And just to add a little more randomness to this post here is my round up for January!

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Um very few. I am reading a couple of books still but honestly January was a bit of a blur! I got the February Memory Makers magazine, but I only flipped through it so far, need to read that properly.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
TV, nothing. We got rid of our TV service late December and we haven't missed it. Watched a couple of movies and are considering joining Netflicks again. Quite honestly both of us have been so busy lately we've not had time to miss the TV.

What special days did I celebrate and how?
1st Jan, start of the New Year, other than that nothing I can thing of!

What gifts did I give and/or receive?


My BIKE! Got a Honday CRF 230. An upgrade from the Yamaha TTR. As I didn't buy it, Bob did, I'm calling this a gift from him :) Started a new thing on the blog, Friday freebies. Trying to do a little giveaway each Friday. Our friend Nikki gifted us a Masala Dabba
When she was here in December we got to talking about spices and storage, and she told me about these in India and how they were the best for storing spices... and she sent us one! Love it! I've just got to get around to putting the spices IN the container now!

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
None! Other than a cold that I had been fighting, been fighting fit!

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Mostly full of evenings out with friends, meals out and general fun. Really January just FLEW by!

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
This month I perfected my Mushroom Masala recipe. We finally found out the ingredient in some curries we don't like, it's cardamom. Honestly a little I can handle, but when you bite into on of those things, ewwwwwww. Not nice! So that'll be one spice we do without in our own kitchen. At our weekly potluck dinner I'm chief bhaji/pakora maker! We've even had them a few times at home. Wish I weren't so messy when frying them though!!!

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Was there time? I really need to go and buy clothes etc in February, one of my goals for this week. I got bike and some new bike gear (all red to match the bike). New pants, jersey, gloves, helmet, handguards, and bash bar. Wow, and I haven't even been out and broke the bike in yet! Soon, hopefully!

What were this month's disappointments?
Honestly nothing on this list! Not a single thing!

What were my accomplishments this month?


Finally revealing being a Prima Hybrid flowergirl! Wow it seems so long that I've been hiding that secret. I didn't tell one soul (aside from Bob who doesn't count). As if I wasn't excited enough, I got asked to be the CT leader!!! Also this month I became a freelance write/designer for scrapbooking.com. I opened my digital store this month too! 2008 has been an awesome year so far!

Anything else noteworthy to record?
Busy with prep work for CHA! Lots of projects done for teams, CHA, and articles.

more tomorrow!

Di

1 comments:

Anonymous,  January 26, 2008 at 9:27 AM  

I would love to learn about being hybrid Di! Love your Dirtbike and
you should post a pix in your new gear. Lori Reinholz

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com