Is it Summer yet?

Saturday, February 16, 2008

I am SO READY for Summer! Heck I'll take a warmer Spring anything that means the end of the frosts and cold nights. Did no-one tell mother nature it's Southern California? Apparently I'm not the only one ready for Summer, the girls at iScrap are too as one of their challenges this month was to do a Summer themed layout... I came up with this hybrid layout...

Trish Jones mountain rain papers and embellishments (Prima hybrid); font: courier; brads & photocorners: JoAnns

Love these papers by Trish Jones @ Prima Hybrid, they remind me of sandy Summer beaches... And the overlay rocks love that! For some bonus challenge points we could make a card with our scraps. Now since this is hybrid there aren't scraps per say, but what I did was design a card and print the elements on the same sheets as the layout and photo. So kinda works as leftovers? This card is based on one of my sketches from January, sketches make card making and hybrid super easy!

Trish Jones mountain rain kit at Prima hybrid; font: arial; ink: ranger; dotlets: MM

That's all for today, more soon! Remember the Friday Freebie below...

More soon!

Di

1 comments:

Beverley Todd February 17, 2008 at 4:44 AM  

Lovin those papers - oh dear! I'm gonna have to go digi at some point I think! LOL
No sign of summer here in the UK - cold & frosty!!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com