Card Sketch March #1

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I think this one might go in my favorites file. One of those sketches that has lots of potential and many, many, ways to use it! As usual the free digital template is available for a short time in my digital store, so snag it while you can!



This weeks card sketch is one I thought I'd struggle with, but thankfully I was wrong. Mine came together pretty fast using leftovers from the Scrapbook Sussies March kit. Totally loving this paper from Best Creations, such soft colors, great geometric patterns and a little touch of glitter! Just awesome papers!

"Little Angel" card by Di Hickman
Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill; Papers: Best Creation: Rub-on: Paperbilities; Acrylic: JoAnns; Flower: Heidi Swapp; Deco scissors & circle punch: EK Success;



"harvest orchards" card by Jo Willis
Supplies: Papermill card, Colorbox chalk ink, My Minds Eye Wild Asparagus papers, Melissa Frances cut-out, lace (charity shop find), Making Memories safety pin, Junkitz jump ring, HOTP flower and button and my trusty sewing machine.



"cherish" digital card by Cindy Gilchrist
Supplies: Weeds & Wildflowers "Chereshing" Kit available at PrimaHybrid



"enjoy" card by Jackie Wilkins
Supplies: Paper is Basic Gray Two Scoops; October afternoon rub on word; Flower cut on Sizzix; Tag on cuttlebug die; Buttons and embroidery thread.



"hi" card by Pearl Liu
Supplies: Sassafrass lass Serendipity pps & die cut journaling tags



"Pink 3" card by Jan Tatomir
Supplies: Paper: SEI; Paper Lace: KI Memories; Flowers: Bazzill, Jenni Bowlin; Charm: Imaginisce; Mirror: Darice; Rub: Basic Grey



"thanks" card by Kristin Shulz
Supplies: DCWV cardstock and rub on stitches; Basic Grey patterned paper; misc flower; Making Memories trim; Joanns Thanks button



"hi" card by Kim Hughes
Supplies: PP; Cosmo Cricket, Punch; Fiskars, Flowers; Prima, Stamps; Cornish Heritage Farms. Ink; Stazon, Waxy Flax; Scrapworks, Button; Autumn Leaves



"vintage velvet" card by Annette Taylor
Supplies: Inque Boutique Stamps, My Mind’s Eye and Making Memories patterned Paper, Creative CafĂ© velvet ribbon



"Happy Birthday" card by Linda Flinders



"floral" card by Susie Blackwell
Supplies: Basic Grey Infuse PP, Breathe, Stew and Condense; Craft paper Lace Ribbon; paperMania CS; Colorbox Queue Chalk Ink in Dark Brown.



"welcome little one" card by Kelly Nelson
Supplies: Cardstock, Fancy Pants patterned paper, Lil Davis paper frills, lacey flowers, versamagic ink, Stampin' Up stamps.



"Pals" card by Beverley Todd
Supplies: Papers & Die Cut Flowers: DCWV; Big Brad & Rub On: HOTP; Gems: A
Muse; Chalks: Pebbles Inc. (Pastels); Ric Rac & Card Blank from stash.



"with love" card by Wendy McGlinchey
Supplies:- White card stock, Sizzlets patterned papers, paper flower, Cuddly Buddly round greeting stamp, Paper Nation Toddler and Bowl stamp, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, Copic Marker Pens.



"JOY" card by Jolene Johnston
Supplies: Die Cuts With a View premade card and rub on, Reminisce paper, Colorbox chalk ink, fiber, Sizzix chick die, Bazzill & Die Cuts With a View cardstock, Pixie Press flower



"Thanks" card by Raechelle Bellus
Supplies: cardstock: DCWV; pp: Sasafrass Lass; doodlebug frills flowers: MM button: unknown; white puff paint; ink: Colorbox; embroildery floss; rubon: DeJaViews;



"Hi" card by Kelli Smith
supplies: bazzill clear blue button, Heidi swapp chipboard letters, Scenic Route Patton Ave from Ashville collection, 1" hole punch on yellow cardstock



"Birthday" card by Lynn Anne Cutler
Supplies: Stamps, cardstock, brads, ribbon and ink from Sept 07 Close to my Heart card kit; Permanent Bond Glue Runner by AdTech



"Easter" card by Natalie Dever
Supplies: Cardstock: Hobby Lobby; Patterned paper: Imaginisce; Chipboard: Imaginisce; Flower: Heidi Swapp; Ribbon: one heart…one mind; Bling: unknown; Stamp: Papertrey Ink; Ink: Ranger distress



As usual hook my up in the comments if you do the sketch, I love to come check them out!

29 comments:

Lynn Anne March 5, 2008 at 11:09 AM  

OH my goodness, I just *love* all the different interpretations from this week's sketch!! Awesome!

Michelle March 5, 2008 at 11:18 AM  

Hi There!

I just wanted to say that I just came across your blog thru my blog readings & I just love your blog. I have just spent some time saving all your card & scrapbooking sketches - now to get my butt moving & try some. Thank you so much for all the inspiration & time you put into your blog.

Janneke March 5, 2008 at 11:25 AM  

TAG! you're it! check out my blog for details :)

Great sketch again!

Anonymous,  March 5, 2008 at 3:35 PM  

This is a fun template/sketch! Thank you for sharing it. :-)

Anonymous,  March 5, 2008 at 4:34 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Angie C March 5, 2008 at 5:27 PM  

What a great sketch and all the cards are just stunning

Anonymous,  March 5, 2008 at 5:47 PM  

thanks for the digi sketch... the cards are wonderful!

Linda Beeson March 5, 2008 at 6:43 PM  

That really is a fun and different sketch and the examples are just so fun! LOVE the variety of papers that were used on all of the cards.

Anonymous,  March 5, 2008 at 9:11 PM  

Terrific template and terrific cards made with it. :) Thanks so much for sharing both the template and the cards. :)
Best wishes. :O)

Anonymous,  March 6, 2008 at 6:58 AM  

loved this sketch di was easy to do and loved it ;-) chat soon

Denise March 6, 2008 at 8:48 AM  

Fabulous sketch....here is mine:-
http://densbloggers.blogspot.com/2008/03/di-hickman-sketch-challenge_06.html

Melissa March 6, 2008 at 9:49 AM  

Great sketch and tons of ideas out of it! Now I know what to do with those huge flowers.

Melissa

Shazza March 6, 2008 at 10:04 AM  

just wanted to say that I love all the cards the girls have done from the sketch. Look forward to trying this one
Sharon

Unknown March 6, 2008 at 1:47 PM  

This sketch is definitely going into MY favourites Di - it's amazing. The DT have done an absolutely brilliant job this week. My card is on my blog. Lol Lynn x

flatis stempelwelt March 6, 2008 at 10:24 PM  

Thats a wonderfull Sketch .... I love all the cards
Sonja

nancypinct March 7, 2008 at 12:39 AM  

Wonderful template Diane - and these examples are lovely! Thank you for this very nice gift!

Unknown March 7, 2008 at 6:27 AM  

This was an awesome sketch...as usual! :) Loved all the samples.

here is my design...
http://bellepapier.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2008/03/07/a-new-releaseits-a-hoot/

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Julia

Anonymous,  March 7, 2008 at 6:32 AM  

I've gotten myself behind in the sketches. Boo hoo...need to play catch up.
Here's my take on Feb. #3.
Can't wait to get to this one!
http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?set=recent&gallery=1&cmd=display&layout_id=1312306

Looby March 7, 2008 at 9:40 AM  

another cool sketch! Mine's here:

http://scraphappylou.blogspot.com/2008/03/di-hickman-march-1.html

Lou x

debby4000 March 8, 2008 at 1:10 AM  

Great sketch,
Here's mine
http://debby4000.blogspot.com/2008/03/di-hickman-march1.html

Liz March 9, 2008 at 1:48 AM  

Great sketch Di! My interpretation of it is here.

Liz

Andrea March 10, 2008 at 6:45 AM  

Hi sweetie, loved your sketch this week and I finally got some time to join in again. I made two cards and they are on my blog xx

Fab March 10, 2008 at 9:37 AM  

Sorry guys very late with my own card ! I love all your cards....they're beautiful !

HI ! CARD

Anita March 10, 2008 at 10:17 PM  

This was a different sketch for me to work on but I did it! Thanks for the opp!

http://stampinwithanita.com/

Shazza March 11, 2008 at 1:22 PM  

I love this sketch and all the examples. I finally got round to making mine and it is on my blog now
thanks for the inspiration
Sharon

Deanne March 12, 2008 at 12:50 PM  

Just done this sketch and the new ones gone live, will try and be in front now lol
my take is on my blog, thanks for a great sketch Di x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) March 13, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

bit late but here's my card

hugs jane x


http://carrollscreations.blogspot.com/2008/03/double-whammy-new-baby-card.html

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com