Theme Thursday - Birthday set

Thursday, March 6, 2008

The start of a brand new challenge (for lack of a better word) on the blog. Each month will have a Theme each Thursday for which I'll create something. The theme could be a type of supply, a topic, or just something that has a continuous feel through the month.

March is going to be BIRTHDAYS! I don't know about you but I ALWAYS run out of birthday cards, so birthday seemed the natural choice for the first Theme Thursday. This birthday set is a gift bag with matching card.

Gift bags, or envelopes are a great way to use paper that you wouldn't normally use on layouts, like this glitz paper here. It's a little too funky for me for a layout, but works well for cards or gift bags.

Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill; Paper: Glitz; Stamp: Kim Hughes, for Cornish Heritage Farms; Ribbon: one heart... one mind; Ink: Clearsnap;

Whenever I make something like a giftbag a natural thing is to make an accompanying card.

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV, Bazzill; Paper: Glitz; Stamp: Kim Hughes, for Cornish Heritage Farms; Ink: Clearsnap; Rub-on: Fancy Pants; Epoxy: Cloud 9;

The cardstock and papers are leftovers from the Scrapbook Sussies March kit, still have lots left too, which I'll be making projects with and sharing throughout the month! Look for a matching invite and more birthday cards soon with the Glitz papers!!!

Each Thursday in March I'll share some more birthday ideas so stay tuned!

Di

1 comments:

flatis stempelwelt March 6, 2008 at 10:27 PM  

That´s a wonderfull card and a lovely Gift Box.
I like the paper

Sonja

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com