Card Sketch March #3

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Happy Wednesday! Few comments on Friday asking when I sleep, lol! Yep I sleep! But I don't spend time on message boards etc like I used to so I have more time to CREATE! Plus Bob went snowboarding at the weekend and I got a TON of stuff done (the digital kits finished off!). This sketch was totally inspired by the St Patricks day card I blogged about on Monday. I opted for a circle because it fit better in the card. As usual you can find the basic template available free in my store for a limited time. Plus I have other templates available too!


Already I can see this is going to be a favorite of mine as I've made 3 cards with this design already! As you can see I chose to cut my card font and add the circle overlapping the edge. I use 2 circles, one for the inside too. Loving this one...

"friendship" card by Di Hickman
Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill; Papers: Best Creations; Ribbon: unknown, offray; Flower: Heidi Swapp; Button: Making Memories; rub-on: Heidi Grace;



How cute is this? Totally loving the colors and the embellishment! Cindy rocks the digi, hybrid AND cards! So much talent!

"little one" card by Cindy Gilchrist
Supplies: Nancy Kubo's Dreamland Paper and Embellishment Kits from PrimaHybrid.com, Dani Mogstad's Ultimate Stitches.



"butterfly wishes" card by Susie Blackwell
Supplies: CS, Papermill Shop; BP and Embellishments, K&co “Wild Saffron.”; Lace Ribbon, D.I.Y Craft.



"happy trails" card by Kelli Smith
supplies: stickles (copper), Cloud 9 outdoor trail & outdoor plaid paper, Cricut (base camp font), cardstock



Love the use of the doily on this for the circle embellishment! I have a yarn one somewhere I need to use! May have to dig that out! Thanks for the inspiration Kristin!

"love" card by Kristin Shulz
Supplies: DCWV glitter cardstaock and sticker; Basic Grey patterned paper, unknown trim, Wilton doily



This card by Jan really caught my eye! The top right half of the card is a transparency! Love it, works so well with the papers and embellishments!

"love" card by Jan Tatomir
Supplies: Transparencies: Hambly, Office Max; Paper: Crate; Bling: Heidi Swapp, Imaginisce; Scallop Punch: Marvy Uchida; Cardstock & Paper Flower: Bazzill; Ribbon & Ribbon Stiff: Strano; Rub: Basic Grey



"with love" card by Linda Flinders



I had to chuckle at Wendy this week! She sent 3 versions of this card. Each time taking something off the card. I think that goes to prove that even the sketch girls second guess themselves sometimes! (ps: Wendy, I liked it better with the blue strip! lol)

"birds" card by Wendy McGlinchey
Supplies:- Kay & Co double sided patterned papers, Crafty Secrets Bird Notes stamp, Versafine Sepia ink pad, Lyra wax water color crayons, pink and blue pearlescent card, pink card base, blue satin ribbon, Copic Markers.



"birthday wishes" card by Jackie Price
Supplies: K & Company pp; Stickles;



Kelly gave a great option with her card, giving a positive and negative effect with the papers and cardstock. This could be a great design just in cardstock, with different colors, especially for a mens card! Ok gonna stop now before I have to go off and create! lol.

"for you" card by Kelly Nelson
Supplies: American Crafts double sided Patterned Paper, Stampin Up stamp and organza ribbon, brads, Kindy glitz, Versamark ink



"in my thoughts" card by Annette Taylor
Supplies List – Patterned Paper – Cosmo Cricket Gretel, Blossoms – Bazzill/Imaginisce Gerberas, Scalloped Cardstock – Bazzill, Flower ribbon – Creative CafĂ©, Brad – Papermania, Metal flower centre was a RAK



“Mazel Tov” card by Lynn Anne Cutler
Supplies: Papers by Shalom Scrapper; Rub-on sentiment by Be Blessed Scrapbooking (Scrapbook Shtick); Cardstock and ink by Close to my Heart; Permanent Bond glue Runner by AdTech;



"star is born" card by Beverley Todd
Supplies: Papers: HOTP; Stamp: Hampton Art; Ink: Ancient Page; Brush markers: SU!, Marvy Le Plume, Tombow; Chalks: Pebbles Inc.; Ribbon & cardstock from stash.



"cupcake" card by Natalie Dever
Supplies: Cardstock: Hobby Lobby; Patterned Paper: Junkitz; Stamps: Hero Arts; Ink: Versafine; Ribbon: one heart…one mind



"Hi" card by Raechelle Bellus
supplies: pp, stamp and die cut: Fancy Pants Designs; chipboard: Heidi Swapp; ink: CTMH and Colorbox; DMC floss; flower and brad: unknown



"" card by Pearl Liu
Supplies: Pinecone Press Sunflower pp, Dreams; Designs large blossom , speckled brad



Jolene sent me this card and I had to post both images. Just too cute and perfect for Easter (this weekend in case you didn't know!).


"Happy Easter" card by Jolene Johngston
Supplies: Bazzill cardstock, The Paper Studio papers, Studio G stamp, StazOn ink, Marvy le Plume II markers, Sizzix egg die, Sakura gel pen



"apple tree" card by Kim Hughes
Supplies: CS; Bazzill, Rub-ons; Maya Road, Bling; MAMBI, Other; jute



Remember if you do the sketch link me up in the comments!

more soon!

Di

19 comments:

SusieScrapper March 19, 2008 at 12:07 PM  

Great Cards, I love them. So many different styles from one simple sketch. It's amazing how everyone views things differently!!

jo March 19, 2008 at 1:54 PM  

Fab cards everyone. Didn't get to do a card this week but will try to have a go at this over the weekend.

Unknown March 20, 2008 at 8:22 AM  

I love this sketch, Thanks Di.
Mine is on my blog if anyone would like to take a look

http://wendyscraftingtimes.blogspot.com/

Samm March 20, 2008 at 2:14 PM  

Another great sketch and gorgeous cards!!!

Here's mine:
by Samm: Sugar Nellie Monkey stamp!!! woohooo!

Samm
x

Unknown March 20, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

These are fabulous cards - great sketch to work from, so how could they not be?

I've been really remiss recently on doing the sketches/dares as I've had so much going on to steal my time away. I'm missing them like crazy and need to get back on track!

Soon.....


Rosie
x

Looby March 21, 2008 at 8:13 AM  

gorgeous DT cards as always!! My card is here:

http://scraphappylou.blogspot.com/2008/03/di-hickman-march-3.html

Lou x

Jeni Glee March 21, 2008 at 11:36 AM  

I just found your blog and I love it, Di. The sketch is fabulous and the samples made from it are outstanding.

Here is my card I made from this week's sketch:

http://gleefullydone.blogspot.com/2008/03/dis-sketchfabs-christmas-card-challenge.html

Kaz March 21, 2008 at 12:05 PM  

Great cards. I've done my first card from a sketch for ages on my blog.

Fab March 21, 2008 at 6:53 PM  

Beautiful cards everyone !

I've used a Kanban kit in mine as I wanted to use the butterflies...

Butterflies Card

Jane (Carroll's Creations) March 22, 2008 at 9:31 AM  

simple sketch but fabby samples

here's mine

jane x

http://carrollscreations.blogspot.com/2008/03/di-hickman-card-sketch-190308.html

Anonymous,  March 23, 2008 at 5:24 AM  

Fab cards!!!

Here is mine and thanks for looking. :)

Vanessa.

Denise March 23, 2008 at 9:16 AM  

what a lot of cards to view, all great and very hard to choose a favourite! hereis my effort:-
http://densbloggers.blogspot.com/2008/03/di-hickman-sketch.html

Carol March 23, 2008 at 4:33 PM  

Great inspiration from the designers! You can see my card using your fab sketch
HERE


Carol x

Jens Place in Space March 23, 2008 at 9:05 PM  

Posting mine now. What a fun challenge.

Jackie March 24, 2008 at 3:59 AM  

Just added my card to my blog (late again)!

debby4000 March 24, 2008 at 4:48 AM  

Great sketch Di and fabulous cards DT
Here's mine
http://debby4000.blogspot.com/2008/03/di-hickman-challenge-march3.html

Angie C March 24, 2008 at 4:17 PM  

Love the sketch and the DT cards are all great.

My attempt is here http://angiec-crafting.blogspot.com/2008/03/di-hickman-sketch-march-3.html

Anita March 25, 2008 at 10:53 AM  

I loved using this sketch for my card! You always have such fun sketches to try! Thanks!

http://stampinwithanita.com/?p=145

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com