Scrapbook Sussies

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Ok, here are the rest of my layouts from my month as guest designer for Scrapbook Sussies. I shared one earlier this month as the sketch layout and apparently that put me in a sketchin' mood as these are all based on digital templates of mine :)

First up is this layout of my Mum as a girl. People say we look a lot alike and looking at this photo I have to agree! I have to say I'd never even heard of "Best Creation" paper manufacturer but I LOVE this paper line. It's the baby boy line and it rocks! You can't tell that well in the scan but the papers are all glittery. Just love the colors too! The only things not included in the kit were the alpha stickers and brads. The alpha stickers were white, I just colored them with marker pen, and quickly wiped it off for a muted tan color that matched the papers.

"Just like Me" Layout
Supplies:- Cardstock: Bazzill; Paper: Best Creation; Alpha: American Crafts; Font: Verdana; Stickles;


This layout is a design I love, and I thought the circle paper worked well with this design too! The journaling circle is a printed element making this layout hybrid, as I made the paper behind it. Again with the American Crafts alpha stickers, and aqua marker pen this time

"Sweet Baby" Hybrid Layout
Supplies:- Cardstock: Bazzill; Paper: Best Creation; Tag: Best Creation; Brads: MM; Alpha Sticker: American Crafts; Font: Verdana



Last up today is this layout which uses the Glitz paper. Now whilst I love bright and colorful paper sometimes it's just a pain to work with well. I found these photo's of Sky with her duck toy and I think they work well with the pattern and colors. I swear I'm addicted to alpha stickers all of a sudden, but then they were $1 a pack a few months ago at Big Lots!

"Quackers" Layout
Supplies:- Cardstock: Bazzill; Paper: Glitz; Rub-on: Fancy Pants; Bling: Heidi Swapp; Alpha: American Crafts; Button: MM; Font: Verdana;


In all, I found a manufacturer who's products I love, and I discovered that I really love working with my own layout sketches. All whilst doing layouts for my books! I'd say that was projects well done!

More soon!

Di

1 comments:

Anonymous,  March 9, 2008 at 2:54 PM  

Gorgeous LO's Di!!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com