Manufacturer Monday - Arctic Frog - wk2

Monday, March 10, 2008

Week 2 of the manufacturer Challenge with Arctic Frog. As I mentioned last week, my focus was birthday cards for the males in my family. I have a few coming up and always struggle with 'guy' cards. My default for men is geometric shapes. Flowers are out obviously but I can still do tags, circles, lines and dots.

This card is based on a sketch from April 2007, which was one of my favorites. The stitching is actually just white penwork. Used the new white pen from Ranger, which is AWESOME! If you get chance GET ONE! It rocks!

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Paper: Artic Frog; Rub-on: DCWV; Ribbon: Offray; Punches: EK Success; Pen: Ranger;

Another new card from an old sketch, which goes to show sketches NEVER go out of fashion! This one I did struggle with, as the coaster being dark blue was pretty dominant on the card... it worked in the end though!


Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Paper: Artic Frog; Coaster: Arctic Frog; Rub-on: DCWV; Brads: Creative Impressions;

The next card was one I did for a challenge. We had to include: 3 patterned papers; inking; stitching; a flower; chipboard and bling! I got all those onto one card! Love challenges like that for making me think outside my box!


And because I did a complex card I have to do a nice simple on after, lol! I've had these metal embellishments for AGES. Finally getting around to using them! They are 'fake metal' embellishments I picked up from JoAnns when they have those 50% off card embellishments sales, I used to be a sucker for those!

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; ribbon: ki memories; charm: JoAnns;

More Artic Frog next week, and Friday Freebie winner will be posted soon!

Di

1 comments:

Anonymous,  March 16, 2008 at 8:48 AM  

Thanks for the reminder that I had some Arctic Frog in my stash ... it was perfect for my AstroGirl.

http://ingeniousinkling.typepad.com/ingenious_inkling/2008/03/astrogirl-and-h.html

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com