Card Sketch April #1

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Day 10 of the flu, yep still fighting it! Totally on the tail of it now, I am convinced. I can almost hear properly again, and I'm not using a TON of tissues a day now, and my coughing fits are further apart. Hoping to get some creative time in soon, flu totally zapped all my energy and creative mojo! Anyway here is this weeks card sketch. Digital template available free for a short time in my store.


This sketch is based on this older card of mine from 2006. Thought I'd repost it here as I can't seem to find it on the blog to link it, but I'm sure it's there somewhere! Have to say I LOVE this paper from EK Success, totally inspiring.

"Memories" card by Di Hickman
Cardstock: DCWV; Paper: EK Success; Rub-ons: EK Success; Epoxy: Unknown; Brads: Making Memories;

I've been raiding my stash for a few of Aprils cards so you'll be seeing these paper loft papers more this month! I actually thought about having Paper Loft for the Manufacturer Monday challenge, but I literally only had 2 partial sheets left. Which has almost all gone now with April's sketches (yes I have done them all!). The circles on the bottom left are actually clear epoxy overlay stickers, just stuck them to cardstock and trimmed around for fake brads :)

"Celebrate" card by Di Hickman
Cardstock: DCWV; Paper: Paper Loft; Button: Bazzill; Rub-on: Scrap-ease; Tag: EK Success; Epoxy overlay: EK Success;



Seems I'm not the only one working on masculine cards! Amanda, one of this months guest designers, took on the challenge with this beautiful card with my favorite color combo blue and brown!

"30th Birthday" card by Amanda Cruxton
Supply List - Star paper from Dovecraft Masculine pack, striped paper and plain brown from Making Memories Cosmopolitan pad. Star brads from Do Crafts, gold card from scraps with Do crafts peel offs coloured black. Sentiment was a magazine freebie. Card & paper edged with Tim Holtz Distressing Pad in Antique Walnut.




April's other guest designer Karen, added stitching to her card for this soft and subtle baby card! Too cute!

Birth celebration card by Karen Leahy
Supplies: Ivory card; Blue Bazzill cardstock; Two patterned pale blue papers (both from a Michael's slab); Banana Frog stamps for sentiments; Bazzill inks; White machine cotton for sewing; Teddy bear button and quilted fabric strip from Bear necessities www.nitwitcollections.com; Photographic paper for printing



Card by Linda Flinders



"count your blessings" card by Cindy Gilchrist
Supplies: Pattern Paper by Senic Route, Cardstock by Canton, Sentiment Sticker by Deja Views, Prima Flower, antique buttons, misc. buttons, Ribbon by Hallmark, Colorbox Chalk Ink.



Pearl rocks the Doodlebug this week with her baby card. Just love this paper, so bright and colorful!

"little one" card by Pearl Liu
Supplies : Doodlebug pps , CS ,Chipboard tag, Cuttlebug embossing folder & dies, May arts ribbon



Jo changed the sentiment to the top, for this thinking of you card in pretty shades of yellow and pink!

"thinking of you" card by Jo Willis
Supplies: DCWV cardstock, Making Memories paper, KI Memories paper, My Mind’s Eye Magnolia rub-ons, Heidi Grace sentiment stamp, Versafine ink, Kaiser rhinestones, black Sakura pen, reclaimed ribbon from Bath & BodyWorks.



"Just for You" card by Kelly Nelson
Supplies: Bazzill cardstock, Grant Archival patterned papers, Prima flower, unknown ribbon, Heidi Grace stamps, Stampin Up and Versamagic inks, Kindyglitz



"much thanks" card by Kristin Shulz
Materials used: DCWV cardstock; Creative Memories patterned paper; Colorbox chalk ink; Making Memories brads; Crate rubon



Fun graduation card from Jan this week. Great color combo with the green and salmon.

"Dream" Card by Jan Tatomir
Supplies: Paper: Scenic Route, Tinkering Ink; CS: Archiver's; Finery: Tinkering Ink
Ribbon & RibbonStiff: Strano Designs; Word: Magnetic Poetry



"Baby Girl" card by Natalie Dever
Paper and Die cut Tags: 3 Bugs in a Rug; Ribbon: one heart…one mind; Flowers: Prima; Stamps: Papertrey Ink




Loving this get well card card from Annette. I think she should send it to me, I am STILL fighting this flu afterall! This card would cheer anyone up for sure!

"Get well soon" card by Annette Taylor
Supplies: Patterned Paper – Making Memories Noteworthy, Velvet ribbon – Creative CafĂ©, Cardstock – Bazzill, Brads – Papermania, Flowers – Scrapping Angels, Stamps – Technique Tuesday, Inks – Colorbox



Fun colors on Beverleys card, again pinks and greens, love the little bee in the flower!

"Bee Well" by Beverley Todd
Supplies: Cardstock: SU!; Papers & Alpha Stickers: DCWV; Blossom: Daisy D's; Stitching Template: HOTP; Buttons & Chiffon Ribbon from stash.



"Happy Birthday" card by Ruth Trice
Supplies: Paper by TLC and K&Co, Stamps by All Night Media and Inkadinkado, recycled plastic packaging, square punches, ribbon and staples from stash.



Wendy again shows us her elegance with her cards. So soft and subtle with the stamping and shading.

"Just for You" card by Wendy McGlinchey
Supplies:- K & Co patterned paper, unknown unmounted image stamp, Versafine Black ink pad, Ivory card stock, water colour pencils, satin ribbon, gold buckle die cut corner, Rubbadubbadoo greeting stamp.



"Happy Birthday" card by Raechelle Bellus
upplies: cs: unknown; pp: Fancy Pants Designs; twill: Foofala; felt flower: Fancy Pants Designs; brads: unknown; ink: VersaMagic; DMC Floss; rubon: DeJa Views




Kim rocked the sketch this week. Love the shades of green and browns. She really has a knack for combining patterned papers!

"it's been a while" card by Kim Hughes
Supplies: Patterned Paper; My Mind's Eye (plaid) and Bo Bunny (polka dot), Stamp; Cornish Heritage Farms, Ink; Clearsnap, Brads; American Crafts



As usual hook me up in the comments if you do a card with the sketch, I love to come check them out!

More soon


Di

17 comments:

Unknown April 2, 2008 at 9:55 AM  

Thanks Di! Loved all the cards everyone did!

Made by Mandy April 2, 2008 at 1:31 PM  

I loved taking part in this challenge and it is so cool to see my card on your website.

Thank you so much for the opportunity :)

Love the sample cards, I really like the balance of this sketch and can see me using it again.

Love

Mandy

Anonymous,  April 2, 2008 at 7:38 PM  

the "just for you" card is stunning!

Arlene,
University Place florist

Anonymous,  April 3, 2008 at 5:28 AM  

Fab sketch and gorgeous DT cards.

Here is mine and thanks for looking. :)

Vanessa.

Jens Place in Space April 3, 2008 at 3:39 PM  

Here is Mine: http://justmejenifer.blogspot.com/ This worked out great for the card I needed to make. I did not know you liked dirtbiking . My boys go almost every weekend. I am not a rider, I like having 4 wheels under me lol.

Jens Place in Space April 3, 2008 at 3:39 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jens Place in Space April 3, 2008 at 3:39 PM  

Here is Mine: http://justmejenifer.blogspot.com/ This worked out great for the card I needed to make. I did not know you liked dirtbiking . My boys go almost every weekend. I am not a rider, I like having 4 wheels under me lol.

debby4000 April 4, 2008 at 3:38 AM  

Brilliant sketch Di
Here's mine
http://debby4000.blogspot.com/2008/04/di-hickman-april1-and-winner-is.html

Jackie April 4, 2008 at 5:28 AM  

I've just added my card to my blog.

Fab dt cards!

Looby April 4, 2008 at 8:13 AM  

fab sketch as always Di!! My card's here:

http://scraphappylou.blogspot.com/2008/04/di-hickman-april-1.html

Lou x

Louly April 5, 2008 at 9:05 AM  

As always, another fantastic sketch. Thanks Di, mine's on my blog http://craftsbylouly.blogspot.com/

Susie Little April 5, 2008 at 5:33 PM  

Hi There,

Here’s mine……….

http://whiteribboncards.blogspot.com/2008/04/queen-kat-designs.html

Susie xx

Susie Little April 5, 2008 at 5:33 PM  

Hi There,

Here’s mine……….

http://whiteribboncards.blogspot.com/2008/04/queen-kat-designs.html

Susie xx

Carol April 6, 2008 at 2:34 AM  

Hello Di,
Just made a card using your fab sketch :)
It's
HERE

Anita April 6, 2008 at 8:27 PM  

Hi Di I really enjoyed this sketch - I just ran with it and had a fun flashback of when I was in junior/high school! Thanks!

http://stampinwithanita.com/?p=187

Fab April 7, 2008 at 12:47 PM  

Lovely cards, Ladies ! I've used a QVC kit altering it slightly for this sketch.

Forever Card

Hope you like pretty flowers ! wink !

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com